PDA

View Full Version : Mega Billet or Spikes Billet Set?

Capone
18 November 2011, 20:45
I would Appreciate any information on both Spikes Billet and Mega's Billet Set.
Im trying to decide which set to purchase.
Any Issues or Problems, which set has better Quality?
Thanks

John Hwang
18 November 2011, 22:49
Spikes is made by Seekins who makes a nice piece of kit. I sell both at my shop and love MEGA as we love their machine work & their anodizing. It's truly second to none. What it boils down to more than anything with these top tier companies is aesthetics. What looks better to you? You can't really go wrong with either choice.

Striker071
19 November 2011, 17:05
I have to say I just received a MEGA Monolithic upper today. It is pure art. Light... I love it. I could go on and on. If it works as well as it looks then I will never need to worry about reliability

Capone
19 November 2011, 18:16
Thanks John and Striker.
I like the looks of both, I might like the looks of the Spikes slightly more but I have been hearing so many positive remarks about the Mega Set.

TehLlama
21 November 2011, 03:25
On billet sets of that quality (both are great), look alone is all the justification you need to pick one over the other.

TripleBravo
21 November 2011, 16:22
On billet sets of that quality (both are great), look alone is all the justification you need to pick one over the other.

Agreed.

chazthebiker
18 December 2011, 20:19
I have the Mega Monolithic Upper / Lower Billett on one rifle and the Mega Machine Shop Upper / Lower Billett matched set on another with a 14" DD Lite Rail. Mega Machine Shop makes one fine product. One thing you may want to remember if you do not go with the Monolithic Upper and just go with the billett upper: Larue Tactical Rails will not work. The "keeper" on the Larue system cannot be used. I found this out the hard way and now have a 13" Larue rail I need to get rid of.

I cannot speak as to Spike's Billet set, but I do like the Spike's LPK a whole lot. I would not hesitate to buy a Spike's Upper or Lower. I met "Spike" himself when I lived in Florida and have been in the store. Very good folks there.

chazthebiker
18 December 2011, 20:26
I have to say I just received a MEGA Monolithic upper today. It is pure art. Light... I love it. I could go on and on. If it works as well as it looks then I will never need to worry about reliability

Until one has the Mega Monolithic upper in hand, one has no real idea how nice it is. Hope you enjoy yours as much as I enjoy mine.

jetspeed8
19 December 2011, 09:30
I have both but I really love the Mega billet set the best. As stated before, it boiled down to which catches your eye the most!!