PDA

View Full Version : need hrlp finding right handgun

wheelz
23 November 2011, 20:05
hi my name is vinnie the reason i posted this was to get the publics oppionion on the right pistol for me especially since i am in a wheelchair.iam 5,1 100 lbs and dont walk at all i do have full use of my hands and upper body i just dont know which semi auto which is the type im looking for i am looking for a pistol that is medium to small but not real small,they just seem to fit in my hand much nicer i was looling at the glock 19 20 ans 23 as well as the karh pm9 and a sig saur model id really appreciate some info on pistols that would fit me being in my condition iam in.if no one can help thank u anyways for stoping to read my post iam ln florida and am looking to get the right semi auto pistol for concealed carry and me being handycapped..

Hmac
24 November 2011, 06:23
Punctuation and capitalization would make your post easier to read.

Something about which semi-auto handgun for someone in a wheelchair? I wouldn't think being in a wheelchair would make any difference if you have use of your hands and upper body. Find one that fits your hands well. If you have a chance to go to a range and rent a few, they might be your best bet

Take a look at Retreat Hell's YouTube channel sometime. You may find it inspiring. http://www.youtube.com/user/RetreatHell

Rodman24
24 November 2011, 08:09
I doubt any of us will be able to give you a definitive answer about which semi auto will be your best option. I would first say that a semi-auto might not be best for you. The simplicity of a revolver may actually serve you best.

Given the information you provided, I think the G20 grip will not be very comfortable for you. With the new grip options of the Gen4 Glocks, don't rule out the 17 and 22. I own all of the Glocks mentioned here and if I had to pick 1, I would probably go with the Gen4 22.

You're going to need to consider your holster options and presentation as well.

I think if you can find a good instructor to work with you, they'll have some resources to help you make the right decisions.