PDA

View Full Version : m4carbine.net on a Mac?

Fried Chicken Blowout
4 December 2011, 11:20
So when m4carbine.net started having problems months ago there was a thread about it I basically stopped using the site because it wouldn't load. Now I'm hearing that it is working fine but I still can't access it from 3 different Mac computers all running the latest Safari on 10.6.8...

I can load the first page I go to but after that the pages take about 3-5 mins each to load and some won't load at all. I've tried from the same laptop at multiple locations with different ISPs with all the same results. So I had my dad check today on his Mac and he had the same problem. He then tried from his Windows computer and it worked fine.

What's the story with the Mac access. Do I need to clear out some file somewhere or what.

Hmac
4 December 2011, 11:37
I have no problem accessing M4C from my Mac desktop or Mac laptop (both using Lion/Firefox). I was having trouble accessing from my iPhone or iPad a few weeks ago, now they both work fine. Dunno why your's doesn't work. Try clearing your cookies. Try "Reset Safari" and "Empty Cache" under the drop-down "Safari" menu.

Fried Chicken Blowout
4 December 2011, 12:33
No dice... I reset Safari and now it's worse. I can't even to a single page to load. Weird.

Rodman24
4 December 2011, 15:47
I don't have any issues with Safari, but Firefox doesn't work for me. I'm still running Snow Leopard.

Toyoland66
4 December 2011, 18:14
I have issues with my iPad but not with my iPhone or my wife's MacBook, I think I need to update the os on the iPad.

jetspeed8
5 December 2011, 03:27
I can access from my MacBook Pro (Lion). iPad 2 (jalibroken) and not on IOS 5, iPhone 4 (Jailbroken) and not on IOS 5, and my iMac (Snow Leopard). No problems using Firefox (8.0) either.
I agree with Hmac. Try emptying the CACHE and a reboot from a shutdown.

deolexrex
5 December 2011, 05:55
Works just fine on my iPad.

d90king
5 December 2011, 08:54
It is currently down so it wont work on anything. I have had similar issues over the last few months on various Macs... My iPad2 has been working perfect though...

Gator
7 December 2011, 02:38
It's slow on my iMac. I can get in fine initially then it crawls when I attempt to open a thread. No problem what so ever on my iPad ,thankfully.

Fried Chicken Blowout
7 December 2011, 06:26
It's slow on my iMac. I can get in fine initially then it crawls when I attempt to open a thread. No problem what so ever on my iPad ,thankfully.

Bingo... That's what it does on my 3 Macs and my dad's Mac...

Weird.

dennisuello
7 December 2011, 10:03
No issues on my MacBook Pro, my wife's MacBook, my iPad, my Android phone, my work PC and Linux boxes

Stickman
7 December 2011, 12:03
Asked, answered, and nothing to do with AR15s.

M4C loads slowly and has problems on every civilian and GOV computer I've used, but those issues need to be addressed on their board so the problems can be addressed by them.

ADH
7 December 2011, 17:15
Asked, answered, and nothing to do with AR15s.

M4C loads slowly and has problems on every civilian and GOV computer I've used, but those issues need to be addressed on their board so the problems can be addressed by them.

Ha....my first post here, but the problem asked about is what caused me to join this board......been having huge problems with that board for months and am probably going to abandon the site.

pic of my SBR that I previously posted on M4carbine.net so mow my post is at least AR related ;)

http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd192/adh_adh/IMG_0296.jpg