PDA

View Full Version : SHOT 2012 - Rumors, hopes, and dreams

Stickman
7 December 2011, 12:10
We do this every year, lets get your thoughts on what will be at SHOT for 2012. Go ahead and post rumors you've heard, but lets not get goofy by making things up. Go ahead and include anything which companies do for a pre-SHOT release as well.

I know of a few major things coming out, but at this time they aren't things I can comment on in a public forum. I had thought the Magpul STR and ACS-L would launch at SHOT, but I like they are going to release them early.

superr.stu
7 December 2011, 18:24
I'm hoping that Trijicon has a new 1-6 or 1-8 accupoint, and maybe a chance for some people to get behind the SRS a little at the press day and get more of an impression on it. And just a guess but I expect there to be a lot of .300BLK stuff as well.

neo9710
7 December 2011, 19:12
Curious on the .300 blackout stuff to see if it takes off..

Aragorn
7 December 2011, 22:15
I'm excited for the Bar-Sto M&P barrels and the ability/possibility of getting one fit to my gun by APEX.

Also eager to see what all Haley Strategic will have.

TehLlama
7 December 2011, 23:20
A 1-6x Accupoint is always on the dream list.
An S&B SD8 is right up there, even though it's pricier.

Some .300BLK offerings are probably going to be surprising - I'd bet one of the top rifle making brands might drop a surprise, or at least a limited run.

The Apex show gun is already up on facebook, Randy and the rest of them at Apex have done a pretty nice job on that - my question is the volume/price ratio for the BarSto units, but hopefully that will be answered too.

I think the MS3 will be among the items released, or if not, shortly thereafter.
I also suspect after SHOT will be when the HeliumWhisper stuff from BFG goes from project/concept for items for sale.

Stickman
8 December 2011, 09:38
I'm hoping that Trijicon has a new 1-6 or 1-8 accupoint, and maybe a chance for some people to get behind the SRS a little at the press day and get more of an impression on it. And just a guess but I expect there to be a lot of .300BLK stuff as well.

I think a 1x6 from Trijicon Accupoint would be fantastic if they could keep it in a decent price range. My Accupoint is outstanding.

Stickman
8 December 2011, 09:40
Curious on the .300 blackout stuff to see if it takes off..

I expect it to be widespread. I was on the phone with a few different manufacturers yesterday for an upcoming Army Times article, and they all feel the 300 BLACKOUT is solid.

Ammo should be affordable pretty soon, and the surge of manufacturers will put it into the hands of more shooters, which will also lower ammo prices as the demand increases.

Stickman
8 December 2011, 09:42
I think the MS3 will be among the items released, or if not, shortly thereafter.
I also suspect after SHOT will be when the HeliumWhisper stuff from BFG goes from project/concept for items for sale.

I thought it was already available, I've evidently misunderstood some recent text messages. [BD]

I need to get ahold of some in that case.

Jer
8 December 2011, 10:24
I don't know but last year was kind of a disappointment. I was excited for the LC9 but it ended up not being a slightly larger LCP the way I had hoped it would. I also was excited to get hands on the KSG but it's still not even available. Other than that it seemed like a bit of an off year overall. Couple little things here & there but otherwise a lot of booths peddling the same old stuff.

I'm most interested this year to see how much of a saturation the 300BLK movement makes. I hope to see lots of factory rifle offerings and some interesting prototype weapon systems based on this. To me it's not quite a game changer (could be) but changes a few application-specific rules to allow for some interesting setups. Would like to see more SBR factory rifles designed specifically around this round.

Stick, what is the draw on the STR? How does it differ from the CTR because I'm still having a hard time understanding just how it differs at this point. Will it have specific inserts to hold specific items in place ala MOE grip?

ADH
8 December 2011, 17:53
......Dreams

Announcement of the repeal of the National Firearms Act of 1934

Stickman
8 December 2011, 18:04
Stick, what is the draw on the STR? How does it differ from the CTR because I'm still having a hard time understanding just how it differs at this point. Will it have specific inserts to hold specific items in place ala MOE grip?

Think of it as a SOPMOD style stock for $99. The SOPMOD is a great stock in size, feel, and design. The STR mirrors that through its CTR foundation.

KStang986
8 December 2011, 19:00
A TR24 with illuminated BDC reticle. :)

Stickman
8 December 2011, 19:18
A TR24 with illuminated BDC reticle. :)

Can you clarify whether you are saying you hope to see one released, or if you are saying you have heard one will be released?

neo9710
8 December 2011, 20:03
Shotguns....

Ive noticed more and more people are starting to compete (and it could just be me). But I am wondering if anyone is going to put out anything to go against the FNH SLP shotgun. That seems to be the "must have" shotgun of the moment in 3 gun. Mossberg has the 930 SPX...Kel-tec came out with theirs and made people look. But with the fame..the price went up. I cant even find them locally...

Bowser
9 December 2011, 00:15
Nothing really new, but I want to see the Colt CM901 in person. That's about it. This will be my first SHOT Show. Any chance of finding you guys and meeting you all (those who are attending)?

Gator
9 December 2011, 05:38
Im hoping DD finally releases their new BUIS.

Jer
9 December 2011, 09:23
Think of it as a SOPMOD style stock for $99. The SOPMOD is a great stock in size, feel, and design. The STR mirrors that through its CTR foundation.

I see. Don't think I'll be switching over all my CTRs anytime soon then.

lmtrocks
10 December 2011, 19:23
I'd like to see Karl Lewis do a MRP/MWS ala the Mega tubular, but with QD barrel capability....
A man can dream, can't he?

Optimus Prime
10 December 2011, 20:00
Somebody's gotta say it... S&W Bodyguard 9mm (or Singlestack M&P9... same beast, different name in my eyes.)

Otherwise, I just want the Thumb Safety RAM from APEX to be available. Really can't think of much else I'd really be excited to see.

As far as what I expect to see, more .300BLK guns from lots of builders.

et2041
18 December 2011, 07:24
More accessories for the SCAR............er.......at least releasing the ones from 2010 shot show.

Stickman
19 December 2011, 10:50
I just got confirmation that something I'm really looking forward to is NOT being released at SHOT.

Aragorn
19 December 2011, 11:11
I just got confirmation that something I'm really looking forward to is NOT being released at SHOT.

Something that disappoints Stick by NOT being released? Probably good that we don't know what it is....

TripleBravo
19 December 2011, 21:56

Buzz kill.

Stickman
20 December 2011, 08:46
Something that disappoints Stick by NOT being released? Probably good that we don't know what it is....

When it is released its going to be great, which is cool, because its not a little thing.

ColdDeadHands
25 December 2011, 08:29
When it is released its going to be great, which is cool, because its not a little thing.
Laser gun?

neo9710
25 December 2011, 09:25

Phased plasma rifle with a 40 watt range? LOL I was trying to convince my dept to send me to the SHOT show..Never got an answer.

Lighter rifle plates - forgot the key thing ...affordable. My department doesn't supply plates. Several of us went and bought our own. I have MSA Paraclete plates (I have side plates too) but if I can find some that are lighter..

Sinkhole
25 December 2011, 16:39
I'm actually excited to see what Ruger has in store for this year. I'm hoping for an SR45 & SR45c as well a 20" version of the SR556.

Stickman
27 December 2011, 00:18
Phased plasma rifle with a 40 watt range? LOL I was trying to convince my dept to send me to the SHOT show..Never got an answer.

Lighter rifle plates - forgot the key thing ...affordable. My department doesn't supply plates. Several of us went and bought our own. I have MSA Paraclete plates (I have side plates too) but if I can find some that are lighter..

I've heard some interesting things about armor, but I'm not 100% sure what angle certain things are going to work out. SHOT could be good for that stuff.

Stickman
27 December 2011, 00:20
I did get confirmation today about something which has very large possibility, I hope to get my hands on it before SHOT so I can give an actual assessment and shoot decent images instead of the typical SHOT garbage show floor images.

I can't give any info out on this one at all, not even little hints, but it is something I think is cool for whatever that is worth.

TripleBravo
27 December 2011, 09:59
I did get confirmation today about something which has very large possibility, I hope to get my hands on it before SHOT so I can give an actual assessment and shoot decent images instead of the typical SHOT garbage show floor images.

I can't give any info out on this one at all, not even little hints, but it is something I think is cool for whatever that is worth.

Oh....you tease, Stick...you tease!

Message sent on other issue.

Stickman
27 December 2011, 14:29
If ti makes you feel any better, I spoke with a few manufacturers today who let me know they have multiple new items coming out for multiple platforms.

Stickman
7 January 2012, 11:42
I was contacted by a few more companies with new items they will be releasing. It sounds like there will be lots of variants from some companies, think of SBRs from some small players in the weapon community. Not exciting in that aspect, as anyone can drop on a new barrel, but I think we all expect to see that sort of thing as general growth and progression.

New accessories will be abundant for the AR platform as well as some other platforms, which is always nice.

neo9710
7 January 2012, 13:12
I've heard some interesting things about armor, but I'm not 100% sure what angle certain things are going to work out. SHOT could be good for that stuff.

Awesome! We shall see. I have a lot of guys coming to me from different patrol districts asking me about armor, etc. Word is getting around about how seriously a small handful of us are taking it and people are really starting to pay attention and take it seriously in my dept. Personally, Id love lighter plates.

Is my wallet going to hate you? Why did I even ask that question...I already know what the answer is...YUP.

Stickman
8 January 2012, 10:12
Is my wallet going to hate you? Why did I even ask that question...I already know what the answer is...YUP.

If it doesn't already, my camera will have its feelings hurt.

Stickman
9 January 2012, 13:32
Well, a bunch of the new stuff has been leaked from Magpul, including scans of the catalog pages, you can see them at the below link...

http://militarytimes.com/blogs/gearscout/2012/01/09/new-magpul-gear-out-ahead-of-shot/

tac40
9 January 2012, 19:02
Whatever happened with the Vltor "Bren Ten"

TehLlama
11 January 2012, 19:58

Frankly, my wallet wants to be tired of padding its ego. It seems like there is more to come though.

Gator
12 January 2012, 01:31
Ok here's a hope and a dream... Probably a long shot. I wish Vltor and Magpul would come out with SOCOM DE stuff to match, if not come close to DD's SOCOM DE Rails.

Rodman24
12 January 2012, 13:52
I'd like to see ambidextrous Gunfighter charging handles.

Stickman
12 January 2012, 18:02
Frankly, my wallet wants to be tired of padding its ego. It seems like there is more to come though.

My camera thinks you are its new favorite person. Flattery works well, its cheap and easy that way.

neo9710
12 January 2012, 20:23

Trust me...Im at the first stage...Denial..:P
I still keep on pulling up that photo of the new Magpul STR and that Centurion Arms SBR...