PDA

View Full Version : Sling mount mistake?

chazthebiker
17 December 2011, 17:35
Well, I am slowly getting all the doo-dads we all get to complete our rifles, but wondering whether I have made a mistake choosing a part. All my rifles have UBR stocks, so as far as I can tell an end plate is out of the question. What I ordered are the QD swivels for the UBR stocks and the Magpul RSA sling attachments. I had planned on just ordering the Magpul MS2 sling and being done as far as slings go (still need optics). Now I am wondering whether the MS2 sling is "clip-on" at the rear like it is at the front? If so, it may not work with the QD Swivel? Then I see the VTAC padded sling at the Troy website and have to wonder whether I should go that route with a rail mount from Gear Sector or something. Gear Sector makes a nice low profile mount for the rail that won't get knocked around much (Rainier Arms website). It just seems, after further inspection, that the Magpul RSA may get snagged or broken off easily.

Wow, the doo-dads and optics are giving me more fits that putting together the rifles did.

Your thoughts on the matter would be greatly appreciated guys. Thanks!

HeavyDuty
17 December 2011, 18:45
If I'm understanding this correctly, you'd like to use a snaphook with the UBR - right? That way you could use the MS2 as designed with an RSA up front.

If this is the case, IWC makes a great little doodad that I tested out when they were developing it - hit their website and look for their CSAP sling mount for the UBR. It replaces a piece of the UBR and adds a sling loop in the place you want it for 1/2 slinging.

This is what it looks like:

http://www.impactweaponscomponents.com/static/images/productimage-picture-c-s-a-p-mount-n-slot-215_JPG_280x280_q85.jpg

Good stuff. They also make a version that adds a single QD point in the same place that faces straight down instead of the stock UBR horizontal QD mount.

chazthebiker
17 December 2011, 20:24
If I'm understanding this correctly, you'd like to use a snaphook with the UBR - right? That way you could use the MS2 as designed with an RSA up front.

If this is the case, IWC makes a great little doodad that I tested out when they were developing it - hit their website and look for their CSAP sling mount for the UBR. It replaces a piece of the UBR and adds a sling loop in the place you want it for 1/2 slinging.

This is what it looks like:

http://www.impactweaponscomponents.com/static/images/productimage-picture-c-s-a-p-mount-n-slot-215_JPG_280x280_q85.jpg

Good stuff. They also make a version that adds a single QD point in the same place that faces straight down instead of the stock UBR horizontal QD mount.

Wow! That may just do the trick! Thanks so much!