PDA

View Full Version : Product guru's/reviewers - whats in your closet that makes you smile?!

neo9710
25 December 2011, 09:39
This is not totally directed at you guys (Eric, TripleBravo, Zero7one, Stickman, etc) but is..:o

Its pretty obvious that you guys have been doing this for a long time and I know you have collected/reviewed NUMEROUS items (I think I mentioned it before - If I was your partner, Id probably think to myself - "I wonder what he is gonna pull out this time!") But, for conversation sake, lets say you open safe, closet, whatever and take a good look around. What items have you looked at/own that really sticks out as a great item? Or was a start of something that now is obsolete but was great at the time?! Its the end of another year of great products but we had to get here somehow? What about the oldest thing in your gearbag that you still pull out to this day? Or maybe its the actual gear bag that's been used, abused and still keeps going?!

Paulo_Santos
25 December 2011, 18:29
My most prized and favorite thing I own is my LMT MRP Upper. It is by far the longest upper I've owned.

TripleBravo
26 December 2011, 23:20
The two items I put on every single AR I put together for myself are the Noveske End Plate and the BCM/Vltor Gunfighter charging handle (I prefer the Mod 3).

A BattleComp goes on most of my ARs too.

Though these certainly are not "old" items, they are three innovations that, in my humble opinion, have been some of the greatest for the AR platform.

Stickman
27 December 2011, 00:16
This is not totally directed at you guys (Eric, TripleBravo, Zero7one, Stickman, etc) but is..:o

Its pretty obvious that you guys have been doing this for a long time and I know you have collected/reviewed NUMEROUS items (I think I mentioned it before - If I was your partner, Id probably think to myself - "I wonder what he is gonna pull out this time!") But, for conversation sake, lets say you open safe, closet, whatever and take a good look around. What items have you looked at/own that really sticks out as a great item? Or was a start of something that now is obsolete but was great at the time?! Its the end of another year of great products but we had to get here somehow? What about the oldest thing in your gearbag that you still pull out to this day? Or maybe its the actual gear bag that's been used, abused and still keeps going?!

Interesting question, I'll have to think about it a bit. I don't tend to be sentimental about gear, and have given away a lot of items (I would rather give away to friends who can use items than ever sell anything).

I'll have to think about what my favorites would be, and get back to you.

I will admit I like my Magpul C series lower, and not just because it has a crazy low serial number. I think the sentimental value is based on the owner of Magpul having given it to me. I've got a lot of friends in the industry, including a few really close ones.