PDA

View Full Version : lightweight build, questions and need suggestions

Creeky73
25 December 2011, 18:57
I am looking to do a lightweight build, using my Bravo Company 16" pencil profile upper as the starting point. My main question is about the buttstock. I am seriously considering a RRA entry length A2 style, as I am not a tall person and don't feel cramped when using my collapsible stock fully closed. I also really like that the A2 stocks eliminate the slop or movement in standard collapsibles. Can anyone give me a good idea of how much weight, if any, I would save going to that setup from a mil-spec Magpul MOE setup? Also, I am open to any other suggestions as to where I can shave weight. Not willing to go the Plum Crazy route, but anything that doesn't sacrifice quality.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Paulo_Santos
25 December 2011, 21:55
I'm short and that RRA stock felt too short to me when I had it. I'd rather have something like the MOE. You can save some weight on the handguards. Something like the Troy TRX or something similar. There are even lighter ones, but they don't have the rails. If you get an optic, the T-1 is as light as you can get.

Creeky73
27 December 2011, 04:44
I really don't think the length of the stock will be an issue. I have been firing the gun with the stock fully closed, which I have read is a close approximation of the length of the entry stock. I have no problems with it. Also, the MOE setup will be going on a different build, so I will still have a collapsible stock on an AR if I ever have to choose just one to carry. I have a bit of freedom with this build to do pretty much whatever I want. So....any idea about the weight difference? I am not expecting exact ounces, but I felt like I noticed a considerable difference when handling my lower with the MOE setup vs one with a standard A2 stock.