PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Top Gunsmith for Piston and Billet AR Build?

Leo77
29 December 2011, 20:24
Im looking to have a Top of the Line Piston AR built with either the Mega or Spikes Billet Upper/Lower Set.
I want to find one of the Very Best AR Gunsmiths to build this Custom Weapon, Regardless of Cost.
I Truly Appreciate any Recommendations!!

Thanks Much

Paulo_Santos
30 December 2011, 05:32
Rainier Arms. Not because they are here on the site, but they make great piston AR's.

lamarbrog
30 December 2011, 23:25
A few thoughts.....

1. If cost is not a concern, why not make it a SBR? It will be more practical.

2. Do you intend to use an AR pistol for some sort of serious life-or-death scenario? Using the term "weapon" indicates you seem to be considering this. (If so..... why?)

3. Why do you capitalize random words?

Leo77
31 December 2011, 16:46
I donT kNow wHy I capiTalIze ceRtain words.
Just playing, Happy New Year

TehLlama
31 December 2011, 17:28
I'm still inclined to ask for reasoning on why a piston upper, and would suggest systems like the 416 type uppers if that is what you're looking to do - they do make sense on suppressed SBRs, which would be that budget range, but plenty of high end DI systems with excellent barrels also fill the SBR and suppresssed SBR role.

I would agree with the recommendation to take a look at RA - they can probably set you up with one of their RUC or RA barreled carbines with one of those receiver sets and build it for you.

Sinkhole
3 January 2012, 05:03
JOJO's Gunworks in Southington, Ct. They do amazing work and are reasonable priced. Check out the site here. (http://jojosgunworks.com/jojo/contact_us.php)