PDA

View Full Version : So, Stick... can you talk about the MOE Fixed yet?

HeavyDuty
10 January 2012, 19:18
I'm seriously impressed with what I see on the leaked catalog page. Does your embargo end soon?

TehLlama
11 January 2012, 19:46
Tactical. Crickets.

Stickman
12 January 2012, 08:31
Information that has been leaked doesn't change anything on my end, sorry. I'm not trying to be cryptic or anything, but I've known about certain projects with companies for years, and its hard sometimes to know what info is or isn't being released. Innocent comments can reveal things best left unsaid, or even untrue.

HeavyDuty
12 January 2012, 19:40
We're (I'm) not trying to pump you for info you can't release - I was just wondering if we are getting close to the end of the embargo.

Stickman
12 January 2012, 21:25
We're (I'm) not trying to pump you for info you can't release - I was just wondering if we are getting close to the end of the embargo.

I know you aren't, hopefully my reply didn't come across the wrong way. I'm not sure what the game plan is for info being released at this point. Thankfully SHOT is right around the corner and that should end any leaks for any companies.

Hatter
17 January 2012, 08:17
You mean this MOE fixed?

http://store.magpul.com/product/MAG404/181

newyork
17 January 2012, 15:49
Wish it came in a shorter length. All mine have Sully stocks. Wish they were of similar length with rubber pad and qd points.

TehLlama
17 January 2012, 20:34
I think for the fixed stock market the price point is going to matter a lot more, and I think they've hit it. Anybody selling a tick under MSRP is going to put this system right in line with what the market will bear, and it carries all the design features I expected. BZ.

If you really are after the other features set, the STR on a collapsible kind of handles it as well or better, and enables you to run a carbine system, or VLTOR's A5.

lamarbrog
17 January 2012, 21:22
You mean this MOE fixed?

http://store.magpul.com/product/MAG404/181

I was able to escape MagPul's grasp for a long time, due to most of their gear being directed towards the carbine market.

Now that they offer this, though... my humble M16A4 clone may be seeing some alterations come Spring of 2012.

TripleBravo
18 January 2012, 17:32
Here's a quick photo of the MOE fixed prototype that Magpul has on display here at SHOT 2012:

http://i718.photobucket.com/albums/ww189/wjt1169/SHOT%202012%20Magpul/Magpul-fixed01-1500-B3.jpg

lamarbrog
19 January 2012, 16:17
I like how it looks, but foresee a functional issue.

How well would this interface with something like the Blue Force Gear A2 stock sling adapter? The MagPul product doesn't appear to have an attachment point at the top (which is not a huge problem, that's how an A2 stock is) but it doesn't have the taper of an A2 stock so keeping an adapter on it could be problematic.

I'm sure the guys at MagPul considered this, and have a work-around. That's just something I'd want to know more about before buying it.

Any idea if this stock will accept a butt stock cleaning kit of the steel rod variety? It almost looks like the trap door might be too short.

Paulo_Santos
19 January 2012, 17:28
I like how it looks, but foresee a functional issue.

How well would this interface with something like the Blue Force Gear A2 stock sling adapter? The MagPul product doesn't appear to have an attachment point at the top (which is not a huge problem, that's how an A2 stock is) but it doesn't have the taper of an A2 stock so keeping an adapter on it could be problematic.

I'm sure the guys at MagPul considered this, and have a work-around. That's just something I'd want to know more about before buying it.

Any idea if this stock will accept a butt stock cleaning kit of the steel rod variety? It almost looks like the trap door might be too short.

If you want to attach a sling to the stock, just use an Uncle Mike's Push Button Swivels.

lamarbrog
19 January 2012, 17:37
If you want to attach a sling to the stock, just use an Uncle Mike's Push Button Swivels.

I thought that might be a quick detach cup, but wasn't sure. The one near the receiver doesn't appear to me, so I thought the other might also just be a slot for a screw, also.

If that's a QD point, that would work nicely. Just what I wanted to know, thanks.

chazthebiker
19 January 2012, 17:39
I really like that as a substitute for the old style A2 stocks. Very nice!

TripleBravo
19 January 2012, 18:43
The two holes you see accommodate a QD socket. The end of the stock opens for storage.

markm
10 February 2012, 04:09
Fitz emailed me two years back about what I'd like to see in a fixed stock.... I saved the email and replied that I liked it earlier this month.

I can't wait to get one.