PDA

View Full Version : SHOT 2012

zero7one
12 January 2012, 09:59
SHOT is less than a week away. There are several of us from WEVO heading down this year. Is there anything particular that you would like to see covered, either in pictures or in a video interview?

Optimus Prime
12 January 2012, 11:40
Anything new S&W is putting out. That's the only big thing I can think of at the moment.

zero7one
12 January 2012, 11:41
Anything new S&W is putting out. That's the only big thing I can think of at the moment.

Check. They are on my list.

kLewis
12 January 2012, 11:55
Any new 6.5 Grendel-related goodies, please.

BravoHotel
12 January 2012, 13:13
Some may be tired of hearing about it, but I'm always interested in more 300BLK news. Would great to see BCM or Rainier put out a complete upper for a reasonable price.

Stickman
12 January 2012, 18:00
Some may be tired of hearing about it, but I'm always interested in more 300BLK news. Would great to see BCM or Rainier put out a complete upper for a reasonable price.

I have large interest in the 300 BLK, for a few different reasons, I'll cover whatever I see of it.

15ICAM
13 January 2012, 11:38
I'd like to see the new KAC offerings, especially the more affordable versions of the SR-25s coming out

zero7one
13 January 2012, 13:31
I'd like to see the new KAC offerings, especially the more affordable versions of the SR-25s coming out

Copy. We'll see what we can find out for you.

HeavyDuty
13 January 2012, 15:31
Whatever new turns up at the Magpul booth, please!

zero7one
13 January 2012, 17:36

They are on my short list as well.

Jerry R
13 January 2012, 19:35
Remington currently offers their 700 varmint contour rifles in .308 and .223 threaded. If you could inquire if they intend to off other calibers (6.8 in particular) I would appreciate it.

neo9710
14 January 2012, 06:52

I have large interest in the 300 BLK, for a few different reasons, I'll cover whatever I see of it.

Especially in the SBR range!

Take a stroll through FN booth - What new is coming out in their neck of the woods. But on a side note - Ive been kind of disappointed about aftermarket holsters that are available for it...

Since 3 gun is taking off - anything new coming out from them from Safariland? Surefire? or anyone else? Wasnt there a rumor about magpul coming out with a mag to compete with Surefire's 60 rounder?

And as I mentioned before - active shooter gear for me and my guys. Plates, etc.

neo9710
14 January 2012, 10:03
Oh yeah! Suppressors...would be inteesting to see if more companies start producingg them if the prices start coming down.

Stickman
14 January 2012, 12:35
Especially in the SBR range!

I have something very cool sitting next to me as I type this. I think I'll be releasing it on the Army Times/ Gear Scout site on Monday. I'll cross post here as well.

Military Times/ Gear Scout will be starting SHOT coverage on Monday, we've actually got enough in the way of new items to start now, but that would be a bit like cheating..... [BD]

neo9710
14 January 2012, 12:48
I have something very cool sitting next to me as I type this. I think I'll be releasing it on the Army Times/ Gear Scout site on Monday. I'll cross post here as well.

Military Times/ Gear Scout will be starting SHOT coverage on Monday, we've actually got enough in the way of new items to start now, but that would be a bit like cheating..... [BD]

:P Unbelievable! You are TRULY killing me..

reiswigt
14 January 2012, 13:46

Feel free to cheat a little bit, nobody here will complain!

rmhtexas
14 January 2012, 14:00
I’d like to see if anyone is going to address the magazine shortage for the Scar 17s. I’m keeping my fingers crossed Magpul will have something for me. Also if you run across any other new items for the Scar I'd be very interested.

Thanks,
RMH

neo9710
15 January 2012, 09:17
There has been some talk about a new Federal Shotgun cartridge. Doc Roberts was involved with it and gave it a thumbs up. I think someone mentioned that it was going to be released at SHOT...

" Based on IWBA data, Don Hacklander from San Diego Police Supply and I have been discussing the potential of a properly designed #1 buckshot LE load for many years--with Don's help and the efforts of some folks at ATK, this has now finally been brought to fruition!

We shot the new Federal #1 buckshot, 15 pellet, 1100 fps "Flight Control" load (LE132-1B) yesterday out of a generic 18" 870P, including patterning from 5-35 yards, as well as a bare gel shot at 7 yards. In bare gel, all 15 of the 30 caliber plated pellets penetrated in the 14-18 inch range.

This new Federal LE132-1B #1 buckshot load offers IDEAL terminal performance for LE and self-defense use and is the best option for those who need to use shot shells for such purposes." - Doc

superr.stu
15 January 2012, 20:38
I would kinda like to see some info on the new Geissele triggers if they have them there.

TripleBravo
16 January 2012, 13:12
I would kinda like to see some info on the new Geissele triggers if they have them there.

I'll be looking for these too. There booth is always very popular.

Gator
16 January 2012, 21:06
Im curious to see what Centurion Arms and Noveske have in store for SHOT. Swing by them if you can... Vltor too! Im also curious to see if theyve developed anything new for 2012.

Optimus Prime
17 January 2012, 13:52
So... Charles Daly is back and are planning on getting the Tavor to market by the end of the year? More on this would be great.

neo9710
17 January 2012, 14:51
So... Charles Daly is back and are planning on getting the Tavor to market by the end of the year? More on this would be great.

Hmmm..That would be interesting! And so would the cost!!

Creeky73
17 January 2012, 14:52
I know that Magpul has already been stated, but some good pics and general impression of the new rifle stock I just got emailed about would be greatly appreciated. This thing may be just what I need.

TehLlama
17 January 2012, 20:31
I get the feeling that Geissele is going to have at least a new single-stage esque trigger in addition to the rail system, probably something else similar to the SD-E as well.

So far the pictures emerging show a pretty decent showing - good stuff from LDI, MagPul, and others.

What's impressed me so far has been the quality and success of the various joint ventures - S&W making great looking rifles in coordination with both MagPul, and the Kyle Lamb VTAC stuff; the RB1 sights from 10-8 Performance (a bit old), and the upcoming Centurion RB1 Carbine(s); and I can't wait to see the first piece of gear from FirstSpear using their 6/12 system paired up with some Helium Whisper family gear from BFG (ultra thin and light, easier and cheaper to manufacture).

HeavyDuty
18 January 2012, 06:17
More info on and impressions of the Triji SRS would be great, too!

chem_guy
18 January 2012, 13:21
Any word on the FAL front? New products and add ons?

BobinLaConner
18 January 2012, 17:30
This is a weird request, but if you see any diversion safes for storing/hiding firearms, I would be interested in seeing what is out there.

Outrider
18 January 2012, 19:33
I'd appreciate it if you could report (or grab a picture) if Walther is doing different versions of the PPQ. I've seen the standard and and the First Edition, but I am curious if they're going to replicate the variety they had with the P99 pistols.

rmhtexas
19 January 2012, 17:32
I'd be interested in seeing what is a the Fabrique Nationale booth. Also if Elcan is updating the SpecterDR, new mounts or at least upgrading to the adjustable version of the AMRS mounts.

Thanks,
RMH

neo9710
21 January 2012, 17:38
I completely forgot...Anything from Bravo Company?!

zero7one
21 January 2012, 22:50

Nothing new in the M&P line, however, there are some new sporting AR15 models. I don't have all of the info with me right now, but I will have some pictures and specs that I will get up in the next day or two.

zero7one
21 January 2012, 22:51

I have some pictures of some new 300BLK products...give me a few days to get the pictures done and I'll put them up.

zero7one
21 January 2012, 22:52

KAC has a new SR-25 Enhanced Rifle out that they said will be offered at around $4125.

zero7one
21 January 2012, 23:26

I think that Stick can cover Magpul with much more authority than I can and has been covered in other places on the forum. However, I do not recall seeing the prototype Magpul Fixed Stock mentioned here before. Not too many specs on the fixed stock, but I have a picture that I will post soon.

The M3 PMAG feels nice, especially with the texturized area around the front of the mag. From what I understand, the standard PMAG will not be phased out, at least not right now.

zero7one
21 January 2012, 23:54
Remington currently offers their 700 varmint contour rifles in .308 and .223 threaded. If you could inquire if they intend to off other calibers (6.8 in particular) I would appreciate it.

Remington offers the 700 Varmint Contour in many other calibers other than .308 and .223. I have the list at home, but I do not recall seeing 6.8 on the list.

zero7one
22 January 2012, 00:00
Take a stroll through FN booth - What new is coming out in their neck of the woods. But on a side note - Ive been kind of disappointed about aftermarket holsters that are available for it...

Since 3 gun is taking off - anything new coming out from them from Safariland? Surefire? or anyone else? Wasnt there a rumor about magpul coming out with a mag to compete with Surefire's 60 rounder?

And as I mentioned before - active shooter gear for me and my guys. Plates, etc.

I will have some pictures and info from FN and a video with Bobby McGee from Safariland with their new shotgun magazine loader thigh rig. Pictures from Safariland as well. And from talking with Magpul, it does not sound like they will be coming out with anything larger than a 30 rounder, at least in the near future.

zero7one
22 January 2012, 00:30
I’d like to see if anyone is going to address the magazine shortage for the Scar 17s. I'm keeping my fingers crossed Magpul will have something for me. Also if you run across any other new items for the Scar I'd be very interested.

Thanks,
RMH

Unfortunately, I did not find any information on the magazine shortage and Magpul is still only making magazines in 5.56 / .308 for the AR Platform and the G36. I did however run intoVLTOR, who offers a new SCAR handguard with an additional add-on front extension and an adjustable stock (SCAR Buttstock), which will adjust vertically up and down. Additionally, they are offering a stock adapter, which is identical to a buffer tube without the buffer and spring. The stock adapter will fit any MILSPEC sized stock and the tube doubles as a storage compartment.

zero7one
22 January 2012, 00:35
There has been some talk about a new Federal Shotgun cartridge. Doc Roberts was involved with it and gave it a thumbs up. I think someone mentioned that it was going to be released at SHOT...

" Based on IWBA data, Don Hacklander from San Diego Police Supply and I have been discussing the potential of a properly designed #1 buckshot LE load for many years--with Don's help and the efforts of some folks at ATK, this has now finally been brought to fruition!

We shot the new Federal #1 buckshot, 15 pellet, 1100 fps "Flight Control" load (LE132-1B) yesterday out of a generic 18" 870P, including patterning from 5-35 yards, as well as a bare gel shot at 7 yards. In bare gel, all 15 of the 30 caliber plated pellets penetrated in the 14-18 inch range.

This new Federal LE132-1B #1 buckshot load offers IDEAL terminal performance for LE and self-defense use and is the best option for those who need to use shot shells for such purposes." - Doc

Talking to the ATK guys, there was not a new Federal LE shotgun round introduced this year at SHOT.

zero7one
22 January 2012, 00:40

No new Geissele triggers, however there is a new branch of Geissele called ALG Defense (http://www.algdefense.com). They are offering two new (as they put it) "Geisseleized" MILSPEC triggers. The triggers are MILSPEC, though are much much more smooth than your traditional MILSPEC trigger. I believe they are going to be sold in the $55-65 range. They are also offering a new rail. Pictures to come soon.

zero7one
22 January 2012, 00:42
Im curious to see what Centurion Arms and Noveske have in store for SHOT. Swing by them if you can... Vltor too! Im also curious to see if theyve developed anything new for 2012.

Neither Centurion Arms or Noveske had a booth, though John Noveske was roaming the floors. When asked what was new for VLTOR this year, I was introduced to the above mentioned SCAR accessories and that they will be offering SBR barreled uppers.

zero7one
22 January 2012, 00:47
More info on and impressions of the Triji SRS would be great, too!

I am still not at home, but I will post the info and pictures as soon as I can.

zero7one
22 January 2012, 00:48
I'd appreciate it if you could report (or grab a picture) if Walther is doing different versions of the PPQ. I've seen the standard and and the First Edition, but I am curious if they're going to replicate the variety they had with the P99 pistols.

No new versions of the PPQ....sorry.

zero7one
22 January 2012, 00:50

Bravo Co did not have a booth at SHOT and I did not recognize anything being displayed at other booths from them either.

zero7one
22 January 2012, 00:55
If you asked a question and I did not personally get to it, I appologize. Though we had 4 days there, time seemed to fly by and I tried my best to cover what I could. We estimated that we walked around 20+ miles over the 4 days and loved every minute of it. I wish that I could have uploaded pictures and video during the show, but that was not in the cards for this year. I am going to try to get as much as I can done tomorrow morning and try to post it later in the day. I got some good video interviews in from Battle Comp, Colt, Daniel Defense, Samson, Apex Machine, AAC, and more.

Optimus Prime
22 January 2012, 02:17
Nothing new in the M&P line, however, there are some new sporting AR15 models. I don't have all of the info with me right now, but I will have some pictures and specs that I will get up in the next day or two.

Yup... last year we got the Governor, and this year they tossed out two midlength ARs. Yet the Croatians and Sig both came out with shiny new single-stack handguns that'll be available in 9mm...

neo9710
22 January 2012, 14:45
If you asked a question and I did not personally get to it, I appologize. Though we had 4 days there, time seemed to fly by and I tried my best to cover what I could. We estimated that we walked around 20+ miles over the 4 days and loved every minute of it. I wish that I could have uploaded pictures and video during the show, but that was not in the cards for this year. I am going to try to get as much as I can done tomorrow morning and try to post it later in the day. I got some good video interviews in from Battle Comp, Colt, Daniel Defense, Samson, Apex Machine, AAC, and more.

Zero7one - Thank you for everything you've done so far! WIsh I could have been there!

zero7one
22 January 2012, 15:35
Zero7one - Thank you for everything you've done so far! WIsh I could have been there!

You are very welcome. I have around 300 pictures and a lot of video that I have to sort through when I can get the chance...hopefully it will be up by next week.

TripleBravo
22 January 2012, 16:25

BattleComp had a cool Bravo Company rifle on display. I failed to get a photo of it. Hopefully tac40 will post a shot and talk a little more about what makes it kinda special.

TripleBravo
22 January 2012, 19:17

KAC was the only booth that refused to let me take photos even with a Press pass. I have strong personal opinions about this company and they just got worse this year. Perhaps somebody else will post something, but I will not.

15ICAM
22 January 2012, 20:55
Thanks for the info on the KAC SR-25 and definatly some food for thought on their high browness

Eric
22 January 2012, 22:11
KAC was the only booth that refused to let me take photos even with a Press pass. I have strong personal opinions about this company and they just got worse this year. Perhaps somebody else will post something, but I will not. Yup. Same issue last year. I was rudely told that I could be an airsofter from China trying to copy their stuff. Okay...

zero7one
22 January 2012, 22:52
KAC was the only booth that refused to let me take photos even with a Press pass. I have strong personal opinions about this company and they just got worse this year. Perhaps somebody else will post something, but I will not.

I got the same treatment from KAC and was pretty much blown off. After explaining that I was trying to find out some information about a specific rifle (SR-25 Enhanced Rifle), they reluctantly allowed me to take a picture of it while they hovered over me. I too was nearly accused of being a Chineese Airsoft Spy as they pointed to an International Arms Treaty warning sign. I took the picture of the SR-25 and left the booth with no intention of covering anything else that they had.

neo9710
23 January 2012, 04:47

Yup. Same issue last year. I was rudely told that I could be an airsofter from China trying to copy their stuff. Okay...

I got the same treatment from KAC and was pretty much blown off. After explaining that I was trying to find out some information about a specific rifle (SR-25 Enhanced Rifle), they reluctantly allowed me to take a picture of it while they hovered over me. I too was nearly accused of being a Chineese Airsoft Spy as they pointed to an International Arms Treaty warning sign. I took the picture of the SR-25 and left the booth with no intention of covering anything else that they had.

[wow] Really...Hmm..Good way to promote your products and GREAT media relations....NOT.

Optimus Prime
23 January 2012, 13:06
[wow] Really...Hmm..Good way to promote your products and GREAT media relations....NOT.

I recall them doing the same last year. I wonder if they hang out with the GunsAmerica guys too much...

15ICAM
23 January 2012, 19:53
Man, I feel kinda bad for the grief my curiosity seems to have stirred, I think its funny how KAC touted their new SR-25 series as affordable but they are still north of $4k. I was hoping they'd be down around $2500 but in retrospect I believe that was an overly optimistic wish on my part

skullworks
23 January 2012, 19:53
Those of you who are upset about not being able to take any pics in the KAC booth, did you notice the polished black display above the firearms that clearly explained why pics were not allowed?

The reason they do not allow pics is because they actually read up on the ITAR restrictions, and realized that even the mere picture of a complete firearm (or other ITAR restricted product) can be considered intellectual property, and therefore fall under ITAR restrictions. In layman's terms: if KAC (or anyone else for that matter) manufactures a product that is ITAR restricted, and the manufacturer is not registered with the DDTC or has an export permit, even an image posted on an internet forum could be considered unlawful export of ITAR restricted product. Has anyone ever been prosecuted for sharing images of restricted items? Yes; and when that happens the person is most often called a spy.

A tad extreme you say? Well, it is federal law, so why take the chance?

TehLlama
23 January 2012, 20:15
The simple answer is that while your intent wasn't to provide information to chinese knockoff firms, good pictures are enough for them to use. Through no fault of theirs or yours KAC can appear to be in ITAR violation, hence a policy that in practical terms, isn't fun.

TripleBravo
23 January 2012, 23:17
NSSF tightly controls the issuance of Press passes to SHOT show. NSSF rules dictate that only identified members of the Press may photograph anything at the show. I am always pleased to see non-Press attendees prohibited from taking photos or video by security or the personnel manning the booths. However, I was issued a Press pass from the NSSF in order to report on the show for this website.

KAC prevented me from reporting on the products they had on display. Therefore, I will not report on the products they had on display.

I will also mention that KAC’s enforcement of their policy was selective. I know that another member of the Internet Press was allowed to video the KAC booth and conduct interviews.

zero7one
24 January 2012, 01:04
Pictures from the show are nearly done...should have them up by tomorrow. Sorry for the delay. I will be working and posting the video in the days to come. Thanks for your patience.

UDT
24 January 2012, 05:43
Pictures from the show are nearly done...should have them up by tomorrow. Sorry for the delay. I will be working and posting the video in the days to come. Thanks for your patience.

Thanks, for the update.

zero7one
24 January 2012, 18:32
I am updating or adding threads as I can while I am working on the videos. The gallery link is: http://zero7one.defensemk.com/SHOT_Show_2012/

tac40
31 January 2012, 19:22
Nice pics zero

zero7one
31 January 2012, 19:38
Nice pics zero

Thanks brother.

sohidul
17 July 2012, 11:11
hi friends i am new in this forum so i have interest on SHOT 2012. i think new one getting soon............

zero7one
17 July 2012, 11:12
hi friends i am new in this forum so i have interest on SHOT 2012. i think new one getting soon............

HUH?

mlosi762
17 July 2012, 16:57
HUH?

Seen other responses from this member. All evoke the same question from me... "Huh?"

FortTom
17 July 2012, 18:03
Possibly english as a second or third language?
FT

zero7one
18 July 2012, 17:30
Possibly english as a second or third language?
FT

I spend enough time in countries where broken english was the norm where I could understand what was being said or meant. I have no clue with the second half of this one.