PDA

View Full Version : New Guy with some questions

Ken Ford
12 January 2012, 22:54
I have a Colt 6940 upper mated to a Spikes lower. I doubt it is a Spikes parts kit.
I've got some Magpul furniture on it but the action is stock. I am planning to use 55g-77g bullets, depending on the mission. I will be using only factory loads, no suppressor.

Questions: looking at a Spikes T2 buffer, and Rainier Arms Xtreme Tactical Compensator XTC. I am also looking to upgrade the trigger, I have a wolf spring kit and have been doing polishing for a while now and feel I am ready to try a trigger group.

Will these upgrades work well together?

lamarbrog
12 January 2012, 23:05
I don't see any glaring problems... really comes down to your preferences and what works for you. The upgrades that work well together are the ones that fit your needs.

I'm sure you've been told about the issues of FCG work... just polish, don't remove material. Surprise full auto is no bueno.

Nothing wrong with a Spike's T2. Probably won't hurt function, and softer cycling is always nice.

Don't have any experience on that comp.

Ken Ford
12 January 2012, 23:36
I don't see any glaring problems... really comes down to your preferences and what works for you. The upgrades that work well together are the ones that fit your needs.

I'm sure you've been told about the issues of FCG work... just polish, don't remove material. Surprise full auto is no bueno. Yeah I only work by hand. LOL

Nothing wrong with a Spike's T2. Probably won't hurt function, and softer cycling is always nice.

Don't have any experience on that comp.

Thanks

Eric
13 January 2012, 07:39
Rainier Arms Xtreme Tactical Compensator XTC.
http://www.weaponevolution.com/forum/showthread.php?1320-Rainier-Arms-Extreme-Tactical-Compensator&highlight=rainier+arms+xtc
http://www.weaponevolution.com/forum/showthread.php?1556-Rainier-Arms-XTC-Review&highlight=rainier+arms+xtc

Stickman
13 January 2012, 12:16
I have a Colt 6940 upper mated to a Spikes lower. I doubt it is a Spikes parts kit.
I've got some Magpul furniture on it but the action is stock. I am planning to use 55g-77g bullets, depending on the mission. I will be using only factory loads, no suppressor.

Questions: looking at a Spikes T2 buffer, and Rainier Arms Xtreme Tactical Compensator XTC. I am also looking to upgrade the trigger, I have a wolf spring kit and have been doing polishing for a while now and feel I am ready to try a trigger group.

Will these upgrades work well together?

I think you will find most people who have polished their triggers have bought new ones within 1,000 rounds.

Everything else seems like it should be fine.

TehLlama
14 January 2012, 23:23
Unless you're using match ammo AND a match barrel, the trigger isn't the limitation. A good one helps take the shooter out of the equation, but ammunition matters a LOT more. Spring kit as well - any decent LPK will come with adequate springs.

Ken Ford
15 January 2012, 04:26
I think you will find most people who have polished their triggers have bought new ones within 1,000 rounds.

Everything else seems like it should be fine.

Why is that?

Paulo_Santos
15 January 2012, 04:52
Why is that?

You don't want to start messing with the trigger. If you want a better one, then get a quality 2-stage or single stage aftermarket one. Messing with the stock trigger can cause all kinds of issues if you mess it up. Not worth it, legally and for reliability reasons.

Eric
15 January 2012, 13:11
Why is that?
The parts are case hardened and once that layer is compromised, the material underneath is softer and wears faster.