PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Seekins Precision

TripleBravo
21 January 2012, 21:09
Seekins Precision was showing off their new production rifles at this year's SHOT show. I didn't take many photos of their booth at the show, but I'll use this thread to post photos of a few of the pre-production rifles.

I'll get you started with the SPX (Seekins Precision X Rifle): A factory SBR designed for use with a suppressor, the SPX has excellent components right out of the box. It features Seekins newly designed billet iMRT-R upper (more details on that later) with a melonited 8 inch Rock Creek barrel and AAC's 51 tooth Blackout flash hider all covered by the new Modular Combat Suppressor Rail. The upper also has a melonited M16 BCG and a BCM Gunfighter Mod 3. The Seekins Precision signature lower will have a Geissele SSA-E trigger and Magpul's ACS stock. It will be available chambered in 300 AAC Blackout or .223 Wylde.

http://i718.photobucket.com/albums/ww189/wjt1169/Seekins%20300%20BO/Seekins300BO-inhand03-1024-B3.jpg

Hatter
4 February 2012, 13:41
So I'm not sure if this is the proper place or not but I'm definitely interested in your opinions about the upper receivers with the integral rail mounts! I apparently now have one on order!!!

MoxyDave
4 February 2012, 14:15
I sure love how that looks, but how would you access the pawl to remove the suppressor?

TripleBravo
4 February 2012, 14:32
I sure love how that looks, but how would you access the pawl to remove the suppressor?

I should have taken some photos of the process when I had this in my possession...

...It's not difficult. You need to use something (I used a 10-8 tool) to depress it through the vent slots as you rotate it. It's not as quick a process as it would be if the can wasn't covered...but that's the pay off for having a rail extending out over a can of this nature.

I'm told that the standard set up will have a rail that stops short of the can. Having a longer rail (like this one) will be special order.

TripleBravo
4 February 2012, 14:39
So I'm not sure if this is the proper place or not but I'm definitely interested in your opinions about the upper receivers with the integral rail mounts! I apparently now have one on order!!!

It's a rock solid set up with the screws going through the rail directly into the upper receiver. It's also very easy to instal a barrel with the titanium barrel nut and simple tools you probably already own.

I had this in my possession for a photo shoot, and did not get any practical range time with it. Once the production models start shipping, I plan on putting one through its paces on the range. I'll certainly update my findings once that occurs.

MoxyDave
5 February 2012, 15:59
I should have taken some photos of the process when I had this in my possession...

...It's not difficult. You need to use something (I used a 10-8 tool) to depress it through the vent slots as you rotate it. It's not as quick a process as it would be if the can wasn't covered...but that's the pay off for having a rail extending out over a can of this nature.

I'm told that the standard set up will have a rail that stops short of the can. Having a longer rail (like this one) will be special order.

Thanks for the info TB. I may give one of these a shot at some point. I really like how their rail is integrated into the upper. Looks like a very solid setup.