PDA

View Full Version : Inexpensive AR gear

warpig
23 January 2012, 07:25
Just looking for realistic.opinions...your thoughts on inexpensive railed hamdguards. I have inexpensive KZ handguards on my Bushmaster (I know, not cool anymore) and they suit me fine. All I have mounted on it is a light and Magpu forward grip. m just looking for opinions, I think we AR guys are starting to get a little "snobby" about our gear. Just wanna know your opinions...

zero7one
23 January 2012, 07:55
I think we AR guys are starting to get a little "snobby" about our gear.

There is a difference between being snobby and wanting quality equipment. There are definately AR snobs out there, and most of them cannot even shoot, but the majority on this board seem to be just looking for quality.

If you want inexpensive that is not cheap, look into the Magpul MOE handguard with the rail attachment sections.

warpig
23 January 2012, 09:59
Im fine with what I have, just looking for opinions. To me, pretty muvh anything that allows you to attatch practical stuff, ie; a light is bettrr than the stock handguards. By snobby I basically mean that its not usually mecessary for most people to mount a $400 handguard on the weapon but many will to keep up with the jones'. No ptoblem with people that do, just sayin'

zero7one
23 January 2012, 10:43
I basically mean that its not usually mecessary for most people to mount a $400 handguard on the weapon but many will to keep up with the jones'.

Got it.

Optimus Prime
23 January 2012, 13:04
Unless you "must have" a free-float tube, the MOE series is probably the best thing out there. Quality, lightweight, and modular rails. I went with one on my last build and couldn't be happier. I have a cantalever mount for a white light and a micro verticle grip and that's all I need.

Overall, if it works for you and you're happy with it, I'm not going to hold it against you.

Hmac
23 January 2012, 16:20
Just looking for realistic.opinions...your thoughts on inexpensive railed hamdguards. I have inexpensive KZ handguards on my Bushmaster (I know, not cool anymore) and they suit me fine. All I have mounted on it is a light and Magpu forward grip. m just looking for opinions, I think we AR guys are starting to get a little "snobby" about our gear. Just wanna know your opinions...

Key point right there. If you're looking for opinions, I agree that MOE handguards are reliable, functional, and high quality based on my abuse of my rifle that has them mounted.

http://SSEquine.net/sbrgreen4s.jpg

LPMan59
24 January 2012, 16:11
another vote for the MOE. I have them on my A4 and Midlength. I think I actually prefer them to quadrails.