PDA

View Full Version : Bushmaster Custom Shop AR's and Bolt Guns

Paulo_Santos
5 April 2008, 07:18
Have you guys seen the new Bushmaster Custom Shop (http://www.bushmaster.com/bcs/index.asp)? Their AR's look great, except for the gas block.

Eric
5 April 2008, 16:35
I haven't seen any in person. Hopefully the Custom Shop can address some of issues that crop up on the regular production line models.

SHIHAN
5 April 2008, 18:04
It looks like they are trying to grow up a bit but for that type of money actually less money I would rather go with a Noveske or another proven winner.

Stickman
5 April 2008, 20:35
Interesting, I'm with Eric and hoping things are progressing forward in their overall picture.

5 April 2008, 23:08
Wow! Over 3k? I'm with SHIHAN on this.

Paulo_Santos
6 April 2008, 07:09
They are definitely pricey. I'm just glad Bushmaster is finally TRYING to keep up with everyone else.

Stickman
6 April 2008, 09:01
The first one that caught my eye was the Urban Interdiction Rifle (UIR).

Sugg. Retail Price: $2695.00

http://www.bushmaster.com/bcs/BCWUIR16.asp

- Precision Machined Bolt (Ion Bond Finish)
- Stainless Steel Bolt Carrier with Ion Bond Finish
- 4140 Modified Chrome Moly Hand Lapped Match Grade Barrel
- Vltor E-Mod Stock w/ Single Point Sling Adapter
- Midwest Industries Mid-length Free Floating Forend
- Surefire MB556K Fire Muzzle Brake
- Magpul MIAD Pistol Grip
- Midwest Industries Flip Up Iron Sights
- Two 20 Round & Two 30 Round Stainless Steel Magazines
- Geissele SSA Trigger
- Magpul Enhanced Trigger Guard
- Charging Handle with Tactical Latch

One of the largest questions in my mind is what the street price will end up being. The biggest fault I see with the above is in having a non-chromelined barrel. I would also like to see it coming with Magpul PMAGs.

SHIHAN
6 April 2008, 17:11
The first one that caught my eye was the Urban Interdiction Rifle (UIR).

One of the largest questions in my mind is what the street price will end up being. The biggest fault I see with the above is in having a non-chromelined barrel. I would also like to see it coming with Magpul PMAGs.

Im guessing by the lack of CL they are trying to go with a accuracy motif[:)] But for the price they should be using 4150 steel. Im guessing they are going to have about 500.00 give or take as the dealer price so they will sell a couple of hundread les than the MSRP.

Stickman
6 April 2008, 18:17
They could have popped for SS barrels. If they wanted to show an extreme upper end weapon, they could have gone to Noveske for barrels, but I understand that would be a hard thing to do when they are making barrels in house.

Paulo_Santos
6 April 2008, 19:06
I would like more details on the barrel they are using in the PMR Rifle. I do agree that these are precision ARs and that is why they are using non Chrome-lined barrels.

Precision Marksmen Rifle (PMR)

Product Description:
The Precision Marksman Rifle (PMR) is designed for one mission, Long Range Premium Accuracy. Outfitted with the best possible air gauged barrel this rifle is capable of 800 yard suppressed fire pin point accuracy. Coupled with the Ion Bond finish on all components the PMR is not only the most accurate but also easy to maintain.

Precision Machined Bolt (Ion Bond Finish)
Enhanced Bolt Carrier Stainless Steel w/ Ion Bond Finish
Premium Stainless Steel Match Grade Hand Lapped Barrel (air gauged .001)
Magpul PRS Stock
ARMS SIR Rifl e Length Forend
Surefire MB556K Muzzle Brake
Magpul MIAD Pistol Grip
Two 20 Round & Two 30 Round Stainless Steel Magazines
Geissele DMR Trigger
Magpul Enhanced Trigger Guard
Gasbuster Tactical Charging Handle
Limited Lifetime Warranty
Sub MOA Guarantee out to 300 yards
Shipped With an Operators Safety Manual, and a Weapon Record Book in a Quality Hard Side Carrying Case

Features & Specifications
[Metric in brackets]
Caliber: .223 Remington / 5.56 MM
Operation: Gas Operated—Mid-length
Magazine Capacity 20–30 Rounds
Overall Length 38" [96.52 cm] Collapsed
Barrel Length: 18" [45.72 cm]
Rifling: 1 turn in 7" [17.78 cm]—R.H. Twist—Button Rifl ed
Weight w/o Magazine: 10 lbs. [4.5 kg]
Mode of Fire Safe / Semi (Select Fire Available—Agency Only)

Custom-X_Sponjah
15 April 2008, 07:08
They are building these right down the road from me.
IBA (Iron Brigade Armory) is not going to build a POS and have their name attached to it.
I am currently looking for a large tract of land for them to set up a range for test fires and other fun activities.