PDA

View Full Version : Kel Tec KSG-12 Anyone??

SliteLeeSykotic
3 February 2012, 10:41
Does anyone have any solid info as to the release of this weapon? I've emailed the company and got the run around. Tried going to local gun shows to see if any of the vendors had one, no luck, does this weapon even exist at this point?

zero7one
3 February 2012, 11:55
I have sent them an email as well to check on the availability date. Their response, due to the high number of inquiries, was a 2-3 day response time...and this being Friday, I would expect an answer hopefully by Wednesday. I will keep you updated if I can find out anymore.

zero7one
6 February 2012, 07:42
This is the email that I received from KelTec this morning:

We got the first of the KSGs out before the holidays, but for the most part we’re going to start shipping them steadily now. We didn’t have a stash of them or make thousands in one day, so there’s a backorder on them and I’m sure the first ones going out are probably already claimed, but try to be patient and we’ll get them out just as fast as we can. Wait time will depend on your dealer, not on us; we’re shipping them every week.

Thanks,
Ericka

Kel-Tec CNC
Attn: Service
P.O. Box 236009
Cocoa FL, 32923

321-631-0068
Mon-Fri 8-3p EST
www.keltecweapons.com or Find us on Facebook under “KelTecWeapons”

Hope that helps out some.

lamarbrog
6 February 2012, 10:34
Between the RFB, PMR30, and KSG, KelTec has managed to become the undefeated champion of vaporware. As of now, I have seen two RFBs, one PMR30, and one KSG... I'm not holding my breath for any of these KelTec products to appear on store shelves with any regularity.

I also really like how they shift the blame onto dealers. I can't wait for the influx of customers this week "KelTec says that it's YOUR FAULT I don't have a KSG! They're shipping them! Why didn't you order my KSG?"

tcecil88
7 February 2012, 00:32
Ericka seems kind of crabby. Everyone has been waiting for a long time for this shotgun, the ads for them are in the magazines, so it should be available. I read a review in a recent issue of guns and weapons for law enforcement that was favorable, but like everyone else here, I have not actually seen one.

lamarbrog
7 February 2012, 00:40
Ericka seems kind of crabby. Everyone has been waiting for a long time for this shotgun, the ads for them are in the magazines, so it should be available. I read a review in a recent issue of guns and weapons for law enforcement that was favorable, but like everyone else here, I have not actually seen one.

Saw one... Handled it briefly.

It's definitely a KelTec.

glennsmooth
19 March 2012, 18:19
It took me an entire year to get my RFB.. I ordered a KSG exactly 10 months ago so I will let you all know if it arrives after the 12 month mark. I'm not holding my breath haha.. My supplier said all kel-tec stuff is uber slow to receive.

AR-10
21 March 2012, 00:29
I was sort of interested in one a while ago, but not anymore.

I've got a shell holder on my Remi that holds six, add another six in the tube and one in the chamber and I'm just shy of what the KSG can hold.

I also picked up two boxes of dummy rounds and after practicing reloads until my thumb hurts I'm getting pretty good at it so I just don't see the point of owning one of these.

Stryker medic
5 April 2012, 13:30
Got mine for a long 7 months. And its very worth the long wait.

http://i428.photobucket.com/albums/qq4/cgflores2003/0160df2f.jpg
http://i428.photobucket.com/albums/qq4/cgflores2003/4a4086f4.jpg
http://i428.photobucket.com/albums/qq4/cgflores2003/c74d1977.jpg

Dressed it up with my Viridan ECR C5L, Magpul foregrip and Sparc red dot.

Stryker medic
5 April 2012, 14:38
And sorry for the crappy iphone picture guys.

InTTruder
9 April 2012, 04:35
As an actor once said: "I gotta get me one of these!"

markm
9 April 2012, 10:25
Saw one... Handled it briefly.

It's definitely a KelTec.

That bad huh??

lamarbrog
9 April 2012, 10:40
That bad huh??

Nothing that was a glaring functional issue, but it's another Made-in-China-style piece of screwed together plastic with rough edges and the sprues sloppily removed. A $15 PMag should not exhibit more attention to detail than a $600 shotgun.

If KelTec had any sense, they would go from being a manufacturing company, to being a patent company. They do have some interesting ideas, but I don't consider their manufacturing quality or capacity to be of a sufficient level to bring any firearms to market that are really anything more than a hard to find, over-priced novelty item. Serious firearms need to meet a certain level of quality, and have replacements/replacement parts readily available.

I may sound a bit harsh, but I'm tired of two phone calls a day asking if we have a PMR30 in stock... are they even making the PMR30 anymore? KelTec needs to focusing on making one of their pieces of vaporware available before they take on multiple other projects.

markm
9 April 2012, 11:41
I agree. Completely.

Stryker medic
9 April 2012, 14:29
Nothing that was a glaring functional issue, but it's another Made-in-China-style piece of screwed together plastic with rough edges and the sprues sloppily removed. A $15 PMag should not exhibit more attention to detail than a $600 shotgun.

If KelTec had any sense, they would go from being a manufacturing company, to being a patent company. They do have some interesting ideas, but I don't consider their manufacturing quality or capacity to be of a sufficient level to bring any firearms to market that are really anything more than a hard to find, over-priced novelty item. Serious firearms need to meet a certain level of quality, and have replacements/replacement parts readily available.
I may sound a bit harsh, but I'm tired of two phone calls a day asking if we have a PMR30 in stock... are they even making the PMR30 anymore? KelTec needs to focusing on making one of their pieces of vaporware available before they take on multiple other projects.

Being China made is totally not bad at all. For all you know, those stuff that you are using right now has components made from china and dont you disagree that you are not enjoying it. From the smallest parts that we consumers use or have benefited, it has china made parts on it and thats a fact. Enough said, Ive had my KSG for a month now and nothing had failed me so far. I dont know where you got the "rough edges" plastic components that youve described but I dont think youve handled one.

lamarbrog
9 April 2012, 20:05
Being China made is totally not bad at all. For all you know, those stuff that you are using right now has components made from china and dont you disagree that you are not enjoying it. From the smallest parts that we consumers use or have benefited, it has china made parts on it and thats a fact. Enough said, Ive had my KSG for a month now and nothing had failed me so far. I dont know where you got the "rough edges" plastic components that youve described but I dont think youve handled one.

Please accept my wholehearted apology. I did not realize we had Chinese members on this board such as yourself who don't speak English as a first language. In the future I will refrain from making comments that denounce Chinese-made equipment, and will try to use more primitive wording that is more on par with your language skills. Again, I am very sorry to have offended you and your brethren.

Stryker medic
9 April 2012, 20:52
Please accept my wholehearted apology. I did not realize we had Chinese members on this board such as yourself who don't speak English as a first language. In the future I will refrain from making comments that denounce Chinese-made equipment, and will try to use more primitive wording that is more on par with your language skills. Again, I am very sorry to have offended you and your brethren.

Lamarbrog, im just so amused of what you've just said.. We are discussing about china made parts then suddenly, you go ballistic against chinese people..You didnt even realized that theres a lot of chinese members here that have been insulted/offended with what you've just posted... Im sure they are very well educated/professional than you do or that tiny brain of yours.
Try to remember that this is an open forum dude. If you got a problem with what Ive just said, then send me a PM.

lamarbrog
9 April 2012, 20:59
Lamarbrog, im just so amused of what you've just said.. We are discussing about china made parts then suddenly, you go ballistic against chinese people..You didnt even realized that theres a lot of chinese members here that have been insulted/offended with what you've just posted... Im sure they are very well educated/professional than you do or that tiny brain of yours.
Try to remember that this is an open forum dude. If you got a problem with what Ive just said, then send me a PM.

I was not trying to offend Chinese people. I was trying to offend you because you're incapable of forming a coherent sentence. If you are going to accuse me of lying about handling a KelTec KSG you should at least use proper grammar while you do it. At least that way I can pretend whomever I am arguing with on the internet is not completely illiterate.

Stryker medic
9 April 2012, 21:09
[crazy]

Stryker medic
9 April 2012, 21:26
I was not trying to offend Chinese people. I was trying to offend you because you're incapable of forming a coherent sentence. If you are going to accuse me of lying about handling a KelTec KSG you should at least use proper grammar while you do it. At least that way I can pretend whomever I am arguing with on the internet is not completely illiterate.

Trying to offend me? And since you cant at least support what you have posted, then you go insulting people? Yes, Im saying that all you said about the Keltec KSG "china-made plastic parts" are all BS...If you have the proof big guy then go ahead, correct me.

lamarbrog
9 April 2012, 21:31
I can not prove I have handled a KSG, just like you cannot prove I have not. You're the one saying I am lying, you need to prove your accusation.

PS: I never said KelTec uses Chinese parts... I said they are of the quality you would expect from Chinese parts. You are the one who was unable to read plain English and began defending Chinese-made parts for no apparent reason.

Stryker medic
9 April 2012, 21:36
Haha. There you go dude! Then why say things that you cant at least support it? I think you are one of those guys that since I cant get/afford one, I might as well tell everybody not to get it and Bad-mouth the product..Very childish and idiotic.

Stryker medic
9 April 2012, 21:40
Remember, this is an open forum. If you have some honest opinions, share it and support it and a lot of members here will be glad that you did. If all you have are just artifacts from your own imagination, keep it.

lamarbrog
9 April 2012, 21:43
I am having a hard time believing that you are not just trolling.

PS. I am backing out of this thread. I have better things to do than argue with an invalid.

Stryker medic
9 April 2012, 21:53
Im not trolling here dude. Remember, you are the one who are trying to insult me and you posted that.. I told you beforehand, if you have something against to what Ive said to you, then send me a PM. Cant spoil the OP's thread.

And nice try of modifying/adding P.S. to what you had posted so you can justify yourself.. Guess youre the invalid [crazy]

lamarbrog
10 April 2012, 11:43
I said...

it's another Made-in-China-style piece of screwed together plastic with rough edges and the sprues sloppily removed

... to which you gave the moronic response of...

All I did was say that on the shotgun I handled, I thought the attention to detail was not that good. I compared it to the level of quality you would expect from something made in China to illustrate the point. I never said any of the components were made in China. You then call me a liar by saying you don't think I actually handled one. Really, I don't care all that much what you think I have or have not handled. When you learn to speak English well enough to actually convey a coherent thought I might care. To help you with that, I will retype your message in proper English so you can study it to see what you did wrong.

Being made in China is not a bad thing. For all you know, the things you are using right now might have components sourced from China. Do you not agree that you are enjoying them? Most of the products that we consumers use and enjoy the benefits of have Chinese made parts and that's a fact. I've had my KSG for a month now and nothing has failed me so far. I don't know where you got the "rough edges" part that you described because mine show excellent attention to detail. Perhaps the example you saw slipped past quality control as they attempt to keep up with demand, but not every KSG is as you describe.

2ATA
10 April 2012, 12:48
Please refrain from continuing this thread. This board is not like others. Thank you.

h0use
24 July 2012, 18:05
would love to get one but it seems the stores carrying them are price gouging them!

Stickman
27 July 2012, 21:04
Please refrain from continuing this thread. This board is not like others. Thank you.

I'm not sure how in the world I missed this level of ignorance skimming the waters of stupidity, but this will stop. No need for apologies, but there is absolutely no need to continue with being insulting. You guys are better than this, and if for some reason you aren't, you should be.

Thank you.

M. Gale
28 July 2012, 16:43
would love to get one but it seems the stores carrying them are price gouging them!

Price gouging is an economic fiction.

Your reading assignment is Basic Economics: A Common Sense Guide to the Economy (http://www.amazon.com/Basic-Economics-Common-Sense-Economy/dp/0465022529/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1343516703&sr=8-3&keywords=thomas+sowell)

hkdcamcain
1 August 2012, 08:59
A friend of mine got one recently. I shot it several times, probably around 40 shells over two days. We played with the clays a bit and i was very impressed with it. The "plastic" is pretty damn sturdy. Look at most all handguns, they are all polymer for the lower section. The only solid metal sections are the slide and barrels. It fired flawlessly, it never had any feed issues, and i honestly loved it. Given the opportunity i would buy one, but i dont like buying something i cant hold and walk out the door same day.

Everything felt solid when shooting it and i loved it, so for all the complaining, don't judge till you throw something down range with it. Until then you are judging a book by its cover and you know what your parents taught you.

-Cam

Creeky73
2 August 2012, 16:03
I briefly handled one at a gun show this weekend. Seemed ok, but I didn't like how the pump rails attach to the handguard section. Looks like they are just sitting in little tabbed holes on the side, and looks like a problem area to me. Sure enough, after a little browsing, I found a review video where these sections literally broke and rendered the thing useless. I'll pass on it.

Stryker medic
16 August 2012, 20:48
Taught I'd share this torture test video from US C-SOG if you haven't seen it yet..The US C-SOG is a full time corrections special operations government contractor with a solid reputation built on 20 years of dependable experience in the field. US C-SOG offers the latest, most technologically advanced training techniques available partnered with an understanding of the complex challenges and issues of the corrections industry.

The US C-SOG has implemented the Kel-Tec KSG in current training programs with great results. In addition, the KSG has already been used in real world Corrections Special Operations mission situations with great success. Consequently, the KSG is quickly becoming the fastest adopted weapon in the US for corrections facilities.

Open this link:

http://pitchengine.com/blueaugustllc/keltec-supports-efforts-of-us-csog

And this youtube video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v55Yhm1colU&feature=channel&list=UL