PDA

View Full Version : Chris Costa Action Figure

MoxyDave
6 February 2012, 13:47
I just ran across this while I *should* be working:

http://militarytimes.com/blogs/gearscout/2012/01/14/the-trainer-chris-costa-at-16th-still-has-11-beard/

Now ... am I too old to be playing with dolls? Hmmmm [:D]

tac40
26 February 2012, 08:17
I met up with Costa at SHOT 2012 and yes little Costa was there. The interesting thing was everyone wanted one, even the cost didn't dissuade the hardcore fan boys. From a business POV, this is very creative and from a store owner's prespective what a novel way of showing off cool guy gear and weapons. The "action figures" aren't cheap, here in San Francisco, there's a store which markets the "action figure", men don't play with "dolls", just "action figure".

http://www.artoftoy.com/soldierstory.html

All said and done, don't be surprised, remember GI Joe or Major Matt Mason? If you don't google it, besides, they're making action movies from "action figures" now. Go figure.

Stickman
27 February 2012, 00:36
There used to be quite a few websites where you could design your own action figure. The idea that I thought interesting was that guys could build figures that looked like themselves, and outfit them in the uniforms and equipment they wore at a certain point in their lives. I kicked around the idea of getting one made up with what I wore in the desert on certain ops/ patrols. While I never got around to doing it, I always thought it was an interesting idea.

I admit I would not buy an action figure for any other reason, but its always possible I'm too narrow minded.....

MoxyDave
27 February 2012, 10:38
Now that is interesting - I could have an action figure of myself made and dress it up as nerdy as I am in real life. I could sit him at a little computer and put an AR-15 on the chair behind him. Now that would be an interesting coffee table piece :-)

Paulo_Santos
28 February 2012, 05:45
I think it is all in good fun, but I would never buy an action figure like that. I think it would make a great Christmas or Birthday present to have an action figure made of someone and give it to them as a present. But I'd never buy a Chris Costa or anyone else's action figure. I could only imagine my wife's reaction if I bought a Chris Costa action figure. LOL.

tac40
28 February 2012, 08:45
you guys are real life action figures.

MoxyDave
28 February 2012, 13:14
you guys are real life action figures.

Haha that made me laugh. You are correct sir.

tac40
28 February 2012, 15:48
http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu319/horseplay/MagpulDynamics092811303.jpg

The Bearded one, Costa. I took this picture last Sept.

zero7one
29 February 2012, 10:18
I kicked around the idea of getting one made up with what I wore in the desert on certain ops/ patrols. While I never got around to doing it, I always thought it was an interesting idea.

How ironic...I had thought about making a Stickman action figure as well! [BD]

3 AE
7 March 2012, 05:20
The Costa doll, I mean action figure, is a bit stoic. He needs to loosen up. Then again he might be checking his six wondering when "Little Haley" is going to ambush him! This might be getting a bit creepy with a bunch of little Vickers,Fallas,Yeagers, Rogers, and Lamb dolls, I mean action figures running rampant on society. Hollywood material for sure!

emtcharlie
7 March 2012, 11:35
But does it come with a kung-fu grip? *Waaa!*

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Stickman
7 March 2012, 14:10
How ironic...I had thought about making a Stickman action figure as well! [BD]

Thanks, I needed a good laugh.

2ATA
8 March 2012, 07:51
The Costa doll, I mean action figure, is a bit stoic. He needs to loosen up. Then again he might be checking his six wondering when "Little Haley" is going to ambush him! This might be getting a bit creepy with a bunch of little Vickers,Fallas,Yeagers, Rogers, and Lamb dolls, I mean action figures running rampant on society. Hollywood material for sure!

It will only get creepy when they continue with Magpul and come out with the Tactical Yeti.