PDA

View Full Version : Daniel Defense MK18 RIS II W/ 14.5'' Middy Barrel?

Jason Gibbs
10 February 2012, 20:37
Whats up WEVO friends? I'm starting a new build and was wandering if anyone had any pics of a Daniel Defense MK18 RIS II rail with a 14.5'' Mid length barrel. It would also be really nice if someone was running a Larue low pro gb on there too. I'm thinking about this set up but would like to see it first. Thanks guys!

Stickman
11 February 2012, 11:18
Nope, but there are a few pictures out there.

Jason Gibbs
11 February 2012, 11:48
Yeah.. But every time I search for it all I get are a bunch of pics of SBR's with that rail..It's like Google totally missed the 14.5'' in the search lol. Thanks Stick. Hopefully someone else on here does and if not, Ill just keep looking.

Gator
11 February 2012, 23:19
Be prepared to dremmel a portion off the bottom of the GB for it to clear the rail's chin. I had to take about 2mm off the bottom and the corners, up to where the rear set screw is.
ETA: your best bet is to use DD's pinned LP GB, or better yet, just get a DD barrel already factory-pinned with it. It's the only one I know that will clear it for sure.

Casull
12 February 2012, 20:39
It should look alright, you'll have to remove a part that's inside the rail from what I understand, but it's meant to be able to be removed I believe.

I plan on a middy with RISII in the future so I've researched a fair amount.

Gator
13 February 2012, 04:57
He's referring to the MK18 RISII. It doesnt have the M203 hangers that i think you are referring to but it's only 9.5" long... The gas block will stick out and require a bit of filing down at the rear where it comes in contact with the rail's chin.

Casull
18 February 2012, 17:14
Oops, misread.

Yeah it'll work with no modification according to a guy who checked with AAC about the firearm pictured below... Looks particularly cool when there's one of those extended type low profile blocks.
(Note: you will need a low profile gas block)
http://www.aacblog.com/wp-content/uploads/wwp_ar5.jpg

Jason Gibbs
16 May 2012, 16:59
Thank you everyone for your replies and help...I have been extremely busy with work and family matters and am just now able to get back into my interest in firearms. I really am thinking about this...I think it would look really cool and still be light....I think Im going to get one in black though..I knew that it would work without mods with a Larue GB. I saw a post on another forum where a guy had done the same thing but with a 16'' middy...Im hoping to finish this one soon...We will see though...Thanks again guys!