PDA

View Full Version : Extractor Spring Upgrade Review

Eric
8 April 2008, 00:51
http://www.weaponevolution.com/forum/showthread.php?t=373
A brief review of several extractor spring assembly upgrades has been completed and can be viewed at the above link. Please feel free to discuss the topic here.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v503/AR15forme/Extractor%20Springs/BCM3.jpg

SHIHAN
8 April 2008, 02:07
You did a great job!

jmtgsx
10 April 2008, 07:02
Excellent information presented in a very non-biased way.
Much appreciated. Thanks

UDT
10 April 2008, 12:40
Thanks, very nice review.

103m 95g
20 June 2008, 03:34
Maybe I missed it, but is there a break in period needed for the extractor spring upgrade?

TigerStripe
20 June 2008, 09:58
Maybe I missed it, but is there a break in period needed for the extractor spring upgrade?

I don't think so...

TS

Eric
20 June 2008, 23:32
Maybe I missed it, but is there a break in period needed for the extractor spring upgrade? There shouldn't be. However, there are a few reports of issues cropping up when the extra power springs and the o-ring are used together. If that is the case, use only the extra power spring without the o-ring.

TigerStripe
21 June 2008, 01:18
There shouldn't be. However, there are a few reports of issues cropping up when the extra power springs and the o-ring are used together. If that is the case, use only the extra power spring without the o-ring.

I had that problem. I just took the o-ring off, fired it a few times and then put the o-ring back in and no more problems. I agree that if it extracts without the o-ring there's no real need for the o-ring.

TS

m24shooter
21 June 2008, 07:25
I've seen them cause issues when installed on a bolt with a weak ejector spring.

docsherm
5 July 2008, 20:29
That was a great review. I have used the D-Fender D-Ring and the BCM Extractor Spring Upgrade Kit. The BCM Extractor Spring Upgrade Kit is the heat. I will now have that on every AR bolt I use. I even put one on my work gun.