PDA

View Full Version : Colt LE6920/Daniel Defense MFR

Black Talon Defense
12 February 2012, 17:15
Good Evening...

I have recently finished a series of mods to my Colt LE6920.
With that, I've installed a Daniel Defense MFR (Modular Float Rail). I quite dig the rail system and it's working out beautifully.
HOWEVER...
I'm a bit of a perfectionist, which serves me well as a Department Armorer... but at times it's a bit of a vice. Let's take now for instance.

After install the MFR and mounting the Troy BUIS front and rear, I've found my rear sight had to be pushed to the right approximately half the distance beyond center and the front sight post is completely bottomed out. So.. adjustments must be made. Before I get moving forward on this I wanted to ask, since this is my first MFR install...
How should I go about centering this bad boy on the rifle???

Anyone...

Thanks in advance!

Dutch1911
1/*

Paulo_Santos
12 February 2012, 17:42
What did you use to align the rail with the upper receiver? I try to use something long like a carry handle and it generally works pretty good.

Black Talon Defense
12 February 2012, 17:47
That's what i did initially... didn't seem to work out real well.

Paulo_Santos
13 February 2012, 03:15
Did you check with a level, preferably a digital level), to see if they were the same?

lmtrocks
14 February 2012, 22:08
OP: When I install a rail, I always use a level across the top of the gun in order to make sure it stays close when tightening down the clamping mechanism. The MFR's 4 screws could mean they're not tightened equally and causing the forearm to push to one direction. The best solution, I've found, is to loosen the 4 screws and make sure they're snugged and do a cross pattern to keep the pressures equal. If the end of the rail still points up or down or left or right or a combo of both there may be an issue with the barrel nut.