PDA

View Full Version : Core15 M4

Mamba6
22 February 2012, 14:55
Anyone have any info or opinions on the Core15 rifles? I picked one up for a good price the other day.

According to the specs, the barrel is 1:7 twist 4140 chrome moly, but it's not stamped anywhere, which makes me slightly nervous. Other than that, bolt carrier looks solid - MP inspected, carrier key staked great. Also, I heard that their lowers are produced by Mega. Any truth to this? It does look great, clean, no tooling marks and looks nicer than my Spikes lower.

I'm going to drop a DD quad rail on it, a BCM Mod 3, and a Phantom 5C2, then see how it does at the range...

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

Casull
23 February 2012, 05:27
The fit and finish appears to be very good and seems to indicate there is an extra mile involved. Some say they're over-priced, which may or may not be true. Others question whether or not it makes it "better" than a standard AR-15.

The company seems to be pretty steady goes and does have something of a personality that separates them from the rest a bit.
I look forward to seeing what people who have ran them for a while have to say. I have a feeling they'll be pretty good. That said, I at this point wouldn't mind owning one to put through the paces. (Rides, Ranges, Hikes, & Hunts)

jet80tv
27 February 2012, 21:56
Why would you be worried that it doesn't have a barrel roll mark stating 4140 steel? I'd be more concerned that it isn't marked 4150 HP MP.