PDA

View Full Version : Robinson XCR

Casull
28 February 2012, 11:00
Robinson Arms has had their XCR out for a while now. They are getting set to get their 7.62 variant XCR out the door it seems. In addition, they just recently modified how the XCR comes stock.

I have no trigger time on these but they seem very interesting. Does anyone have any input or opinion on these platforms?
They seem interesting, and I think they are making efforts to lighten them further. I feel the XCR is worth some discussion here.

Volta
5 March 2012, 06:34
could you be a little more specific? i think its worth discussing but we have to start somewhere.

Paulo_Santos
5 March 2012, 06:59
I really like the XCR. I shot a couple at the range and they shot well, even with the horrible trigger they had. The one my friend has, had to go back 3 times due to trigger problems. That was the only real issues/complaints I heard about them. I'm sure they fixed it.

Wondering Beard
5 March 2012, 12:08
I got to play around with this rifle many moons ago and this is what I remember.

I hated the old stock because I couldn't get an appropriate cheekweld with it. The new stock is supposed to solve that but looking at the angles, I'm not sure it's quite comfortable.

The innards are utter simplicity, from what I remember, and basically without small parts to slip through your fingers.

The couple of examples I dealt with (I shot them a little but they had already had plenty of rounds through them) were totally reliable, as in no malfunctions at all in several thousand rounds, but I can only speak to those few rifles.

The fire controls were simple, good and ambidextrous.

All in all, it was a good solid rifle but somehow didn't give me the "ooh, I want one" emotion.

Casull
7 March 2012, 03:37
They apparently have started putting in nicer triggers that are two-stage from the getgo. Perhaps that incident with your friend pushed them!

They for sure could have better appeal if they redesigned them to look a little cooler. That's an opinion that doesn't matter so much, of course. It looks really bulky, and usually the cool guns actually look cool. I am off and on with my want for one. It seems almost as though the SCAR and ACR are super appealing; yet cost more, which I don't understand at all. The ACR and SCAR both have so much plastic!

Apparently there were gas port sizing problems in the past which have been fixed. I feel that if someone else made a lower for them it could be a good thing.

I also checked on the ARMY's carbine competition and the XCR is in there. Wouldn't it be something if these were America's next iconic rifle...?