PDA

View Full Version : Remington 597

badboz
5 March 2012, 14:04
Hello,
I have purchased a Remington 597 for my son to get him started in the sport of shooting, and he loves it I have to add, but about two weeks ago the rear sight has disappeared and I cant find a new one anywhere. The post is still attached but there is nothing to line up with the front sight. The gun was purchased used so there is no warranty.

He wants his own AR but he must learn the basics on something he can handle a bit better first. [bash]

tcecil88
11 March 2012, 23:02
Call Remington customer service. I have had great experiences with them over the years.
1-800-243-9700
They should be able to hook you up.

Jerry R
12 March 2012, 09:25
^ +1 on their customer service. I have a very early 597 target model that would not group 6 inches with any ammo. Said "Oh Well", put in the back of the safe and forgot about it. Last year I read a thread that some of the early heavy barrels had some issues with rough spots in the lands. Called Remington, they did not ask how old the rifle was --- "Here is a Remington Warranty Gunsmith close to you. Here is an RMA number. Send the rifle to him." Two weeks later it was back with a new barrel. All it cost me was initial shipping to the gunsmith. It now shoots like I thought it should when I bought it.

Stickman
13 March 2012, 17:11
That is great service, too bad not all of the large players take it serious.