PDA

View Full Version : Good money spent well

Bac-Si
8 March 2012, 18:27
Hey ya'all first post here , many posts elsewhere..like the format with no BS and good to see Quib again.

Bought a Windham MPC today. It's all I could ask for , great fit and finish.

It's nice to see a company come back after being eating up in the corporate grab.

Upper and lower fit is tight, single stage trigger is crisp. Range report to follow...

Eric
9 March 2012, 23:07
First of all, welcome.

Somewhat hard to declare something is money well spent, without a round fired. Fit and finish take a backseat to function. Windham Weaponry (http://www.windhamweaponry.com/) essentially took over the vacated Bushmaster facility and their specs appear to be very similar. If you get a chance, update us after its had some good use.

Bac-Si
10 March 2012, 11:32
As far as fit and finish taking a backseat to function, fit and finish lay the groundwork for a rifle to function.

Windham moved back into the original Bushmaster plant owned by Richard Dyke that was leased to Freedom Group. Richard Dyke the original CEO of the original Bushmaster, has reassumed that position as his non-compete has expired.

Mr Dyke hired back over 50 old Bushy employees, This is nothing like today's Bushmaster that Freedom owns. This is a rebirth of the old Bushy's that were a high quality rifle.

Perhaps after some "good use" I'll let you know how it "functions".

Quib
10 March 2012, 19:37
Hey ya'all first post here , many posts elsewhere..like the format with no BS and good to see Quib again....

Thanks. Welcome to Weapon Evolution.

Bac-Si
10 March 2012, 19:44
Happy to hear from you. Missed you for a while elsewhere...you are a great anchor for this forum..will be nice to chat again...tbougie1

Quib
10 March 2012, 20:08
Happy to hear from you. Missed you for a while elsewhere...you are a great anchor for this forum..will be nice to chat again...tbougie1

Thanks, I appreciate the kind words.

RowlandP
11 March 2012, 14:11
If your Windham functions like some of the Windhams at my club, it will be a very good rifle, indeed. I've never fired one, but had the chance to look at them up close and, as you stated, fit and finish seems first rate. The owners spoke very highly of their function.

Bac-Si
11 March 2012, 17:23
Yeah, I am interested to see how it shoots. My first AR was a Colt Sporter, followed by a Bushmaster. This was back in the early 90's. Great rifles back then. Currently I have a couple of Sabres and the WW. Should be fun...fits right in with my 18" carbine and 20" service rifle.

markm
12 March 2012, 06:53
As far as fit and finish taking a backseat to function, fit and finish lay the groundwork for a rifle to function.

Not so much with the AR. Custom 1911 or something? Yeah.. Shoot! I've seen guys who thought the finish on an OLYMPIC ARMs abomination was good.

No parts on the AR are "fitted". The parts are built to a specification, and then assembled.

Bac-Si
12 March 2012, 08:23
Markm, I understand what you are saying, but fit versus fitting is different. You summed it up with your comment about being in spec. We have all seen the upper and lower that don't match and provide a sloppy fit and casting variances that cause problems.