PDA

View Full Version : Noveske N4 Light Carbine

5.56 Five0
8 July 2007, 21:31
That is a sweet looking AR. I am sure it will keep up with and surpass a Colt, which is what I think it is designed to compete with.

Stickman
15 July 2007, 19:55
LMT is also selling complete weapons, so both LMT and Colt bring strong contenders to the table.

The Noveske is more money, but when you figure the extras like the Troy Battle Sight/ BUIS, TD Grip, and Vltor stock, the scale tilts in the favor of Noveske in my opinion. The Noveske barrel along would be a massive selling point in my mind.

I've got a complete review of the Noveske N-4 coming up in the next few days, I think you should enjoy it.

306FTW
15 July 2007, 21:07
I agree the Noveske is great for the money. Not that I've gotten my hands on it but when you start adding all the accessories it seems like a good deal. Look fwd. to that review Stick.

John Hwang
16 July 2007, 10:09
The attention to detail by Noveske is really second to none. The proper staking of BCGs & Buffer tube is one example of many. I heard they are going to be offering these barrels as a separate sale item. That's also going to open up some avenues for other custom builds. :P

306FTW
16 July 2007, 12:42
One thing I noticed which others on other sites have pointed out is the iron cross logo that crosses the gap between the upper and lower...pretty damn innovative and not to mention you truly know you're getting a complete rifle. I could see some problems if a user was selling a rifle claiming it to be the new Noveske and the iron cross on the upper and lower will definitely show that.

Stickman
21 July 2007, 09:20
One thing I noticed which others on other sites have pointed out is the iron cross logo that crosses the gap between the upper and lower...pretty damn innovative and not to mention you truly know you're getting a complete rifle. I could see some problems if a user was selling a rifle claiming it to be the new Noveske and the iron cross on the upper and lower will definitely show that.

There seems to be a lot of people building "custom" AR15s. Some of these builders are companies that are squared away, and are truly concerned that their products are top notch, and that only highly capable weapon systems and components depart their shops. Sadly, this isn't the case with everyone, and its not uncommon to see misrepresented AR15s at gunshows, or being sold online.

With Noveske marking their complete weapons, they retain the ability to quickly call out those people who have a cobbled together weapon, as opposed to those who are running a factory weapon.

I think this may become something that other companies start doing in an effort to identify their factory weapons as well.

5.56 Five0
22 July 2007, 08:59
Just like Sabre Defence. They only sell their cool Thunder Cats logo lowers with complete rifles. Not to say that one could buy the complete rifle and then part it out but at least they try. from my understanding they also have Sabre marked uppers that they will only sell with complete rifles.

Stickman
22 July 2007, 20:19
Just like Sabre Defence. They only sell their cool Thunder Cats logo lowers with complete rifles. Not to say that one could buy the complete rifle and then part it out but at least they try. from my understanding they also have Sabre marked uppers that they will only sell with complete rifles.

There are places that are more than happy to part out a complete weapon so they can make more money on it. It was real popular during the AWB with Colts.

306FTW
23 July 2007, 18:00
Just makes me cringe at the thought of ppl buying a rifle that they think is one thing and a vendor hacked it up and threw it back together w/ others. I know this goes on a lot at the gun shows. And damn I love the internet for all the online REAL NO BS vendors.

5.56 Five0
24 July 2007, 16:18
Reminds me of a friend that bought a RRA rifle off of gunBroker. RRA lower with a M1S upper. At least he paid a decent price for it. And Stick, I still see people willing to pay premium prices for Colt lowers.

Cyclic240B
16 August 2007, 11:28
That is a sweet looking AR. I am sure it will keep up with and surpass a Colt, which is what I think it is designed to compete with.

That does look like a very nice weapon, and I would definitely like to see a lot more on the barrel itself. Stickman, do you know if said barrel is another new offering to the already great Noveske barrel lineup, or is it one that he already offers?

Stickman
16 August 2007, 13:25
That does look like a very nice weapon, and I would definitely like to see a lot more on the barrel itself. Stickman, do you know if said barrel is another new offering to the already great Noveske barrel lineup, or is it one that he already offers?

It is a new barrel, with a new profile, different steel (using M249 steel), and new chrome lining than anyone else (double thickness similar to the M249).

The Noveske SS barrels are already known for a high level of accuracy. I think this one is going to be known for being able to take high levels of abuse.

I'm currently working on a full review and write up of the Noveske N4 Light carbine. Its going to end up being fairly lengthy, but hopefully it will answer some questions and shed some insight.

14.5" Cold Hammer Forged Barrel, 1 in 7" twist, 5.56mm
--Made of Mil Spec M249 Machine Gun barrel steel, with heavy M249 Chrome Lining,
(appx. 2 times as thick as an M4 or M16)
--Extended Feed Ramps
--Mil Spec Phosphate finish
--Same weight as M4 barrel, 1 lb, 9 oz, but improved contour for maximum
rigidity, no M203 notch
--MP HP tested with certification
--Carbine length gas system

http://stickman.rainierarms.com/galleries/Noveske/IMG_3291%20Stick.jpg

Stickman
27 August 2007, 16:00
Sorry that it took so long, but the Novekse review is up.

http://www.weaponevolution.com/forum/showthread.php?p=285#post285

Whixton
28 August 2007, 10:17
Nice review buddy, I'm anxious to see what else you've got lined up. [adore]

CRS188
20 September 2007, 19:21
Stick, can you see/describe the barrel profile? Is it thinner in front or behind the gas block? Same thickness both sides?
Great review, convinced me.

Stickman
21 September 2007, 08:39
I should be playing around with more of them this weekend, I'll try to get some barrel profile pictures.

Mike91A
22 September 2007, 19:26
I am going to consign a couple AR's I have and get one of these.[wow]

Federale
23 September 2007, 08:17
I received my N4 upper this week and have to say that it looks and feels outstanding. I'm excited to get it out to the range and put its through its paces. I went with the Surefire flashhider.

When I get the lower set up with the Geiselle trigger and the Sully Stock, I fully expect that I'll have a superbly balanced, lightweight AR - I have a feeling that it might be the one I wish I could bring with me on duty.

John Hwang
23 September 2007, 09:07
I haven't tried the surefire FH but the AAC & Vortex both are excellent. Let us know what you think of the Surefire.

clasky
26 September 2007, 18:12
The Light N4 does look sweet. I just SBR'ed my first Noveske lower. I've heard good things about their products, but you really have to hold one in your hand to appreciate the detail.

I have 3 complete LMT Defender2000 rifles and love them all. They are real workhorse rifles and have never skipped a beat. While they are all nice and have black finish (no mismatched purple), they are a bit "rough" around the edges compared to the Noveske lower. You can tell that the LMT's are from a government contractor that is not as concerned with aesthetics.

The Noveske N4 lower is amazingly smooth and "polished." The forge marks are completely ground off and smoothly blended into the form. The finish is beautiful. While Noveske does charge a premium, I have to say it is worth it.

Mike91A
27 September 2007, 16:34
What does anyone think of putting a DNTC FSC on one of these ? Gemtec suppressor is suposed to fit it.

24 April 2008, 11:11
barnes974n,
I suggest you delete your post. You're either lost, or you're a troll. :mad:[crazy]

SHIHAN
24 April 2008, 11:15
Edit to remove content. Obvious spam. Banned.

Eric

BAN THIS IDIOT

SHIHAN
30 April 2008, 22:48
Stick or others how do you like the SWS rail on that Noveske uses? Does it have anything to stop rotation?

Stickman
2 May 2008, 09:30
In playing around with the ones at the Noveske factory, as well as the ones at the Rainier Arms shop, I don't recall seeing anything mechanical to prevent rotation. I thought that these were loctited into position, but I have not ever installed one myself, so there are better people to make comment on this than me.

If they are coming out of the Noveske shop, I have no doubt that they are a solid upgrade.