PDA

View Full Version : My First Assisted AR Build

Paladin2504
18 March 2012, 12:52
I came up with the parts and idea and my friend who is an Aircraft mechanic and has plenty of tools helped me put it together.

Mega Arms Monolithic upper and billet lower, charging handle.
Satern SS, 24" barrel, with 6.5 Grendel bolt. BCM M16 Bolt Carrier.
PRI low profile gas block
DD LPK
Geissele Hi-Speed National Match - Match Rifle Trigger on the way
Magpul MIAD full, PRS Gen 2 stock (ballances out the Monolithic upper and 24" Satern barrel really well).
Atlas Biod on the way.
Grendel Magazines.
BattleComp BABC Muzzle break for 6.5 Grendel (one of the last they made) which I may remove - don't know yet.
Lapua Brass and Bullets. 123 grain bullets max.
Optics - not decided yet.

I hope it shoots like a house on fire but it will depend on load development. [:)]

Quib
18 March 2012, 15:53
I came up with the parts and idea and my friend who is an Aircraft mechanic and has plenty of tools helped me put it together.

Awesome...congrats on the build. Isn't it nice to have those types of friends with all the tools!

It seems I've become "that guy" as of lately. I just re-built a friend at works AR, with another friend asking about my assembling an entire AR for his wife.

Mamba6
18 March 2012, 16:25
Awesome...congrats on the build. Isn't it nice to have those types of friends with all the tools!

It seems I've become "that guy" as of lately. I just re-built a friend at works AR, with another friend asking about my assembling an entire AR for his wife.

Haha, I was "that guy" with computers since I have degrees in computer and electrical engineering...

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk