Aimpoint Micro
better pics soon

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h307/hizatch/c7a8b19d.jpg

Paulo_Santos
26 March 2012, 17:38
Looks great.

mikeinmd
27 March 2012, 06:18
over did it? no such thing...lol out of curiousity where were you able to pick up that 13.7" barrel and what was the ballpark price on that if you dont mind me asking?

Curlyburns5
27 March 2012, 06:52
Out of my own curiosity, why did you choose the KX3 as opposed to s more conventional brake?

Casull
27 March 2012, 10:59
That looks like something out of an action movie, and yet it's all quality parts. Nice.

itschris
27 March 2012, 13:26
Out of my own curiosity, why did you choose the KX3 as opposed to s more conventional brake?

Hey OP... can I answer? I will anyway for myself since I've ordered a Noveske 10.5 VIS with the KX3... simple answer:

Because it's just so damn cool. And... worst case, if your rifle breaks you can take it off and throw it at someone and flat out croak'em with it. More seriously though, after getting some range time with an 11" SBR with one, there are some things that I really like:
1) the blast goes foreward. You don't get hit with debris and you don't have to clean your optics of residue like you do with some breaks.
2) The weight. I don't know why everyone thinks it's so damn heavy. It's not. In fact, I like the extra bit weight you do get. I found that you get a much better feel fror barrel position when making transitions to different targets... you swing around and you know exactly where that muzzle is going. It's not too heavy... unless your some 140 pound man-boy. Seriously.

The-S
27 March 2012, 13:45
Thanks guys, I found the barrel directly from white oak, about a year ago. I just never got around to making a post about this gun. itschris hit the nail on the head aside from the fact it makes the gun 16.1" overall. Realistically I could have and might one day switch it to something else (aac brake) but for now this is just perfect for my intended use.

csmith
27 March 2012, 17:29
Noveske's website says "The Noveske KX3 is classified as a flash suppressor by the BATF FTB." Does this mean flash suppressor as in NFA item?

The-S, very nice weapon.

The-S
27 March 2012, 17:45
No it does not and thank you!

Coco
23 April 2012, 11:48
Very nice. The Centurion rails are really great.

jeromyh
8 May 2012, 19:32
LOVE IT. very sleek. good job!

chazthebiker
13 May 2012, 14:30
Very nicw rifle! I am wondering, for myself, how much distance is between the muzzle end of the hand guard and the stock end of the KX3 (wide part, not the threaded part) in case a man wanted to use a 13" rail? Again, very very nice rifle.

chazthebiker
13 May 2012, 14:34
Noveske's website says "The Noveske KX3 is classified as a flash suppressor by the BATF FTB." Does this mean flash suppressor as in NFA item?

The-S, very nice weapon.

Hello csmith. Could it be you are confusing "flash suppressor" with "sound suppressor"? Sound Supressors (aka by some as silencers) are NFA items.

Striker071
13 May 2012, 18:06
Some states do not allow flash supressors.... so its important if you live in states like MA, NJ and CT. Those states only allow Brakes or Comps.

csmith
13 May 2012, 18:24
Hello csmith. Could it be you are confusing "flash suppressor" with "sound suppressor"? Sound Supressors (aka by some as silencers) are NFA items.

Good catch. I've always called what goes on the end of the rifle a compensator, so I guess when I saw suppressor I immediately jumped to NFA.