PDA

View Full Version : Brownells CQB T-Dot EOTech Discussion

TripleBravo
27 May 2012, 17:55
My review is finally up here: http://www.weaponevolution.com/forum/showthread.php?3791-Brownells-CQB-T-Dot-EOTech&p=36328#post36328

Please post any discussion in this thread.

tac40
2 June 2012, 07:11
Great write up TB. All RDS have pros and cons, the added pictures shown gives the reader an opportunity to actually see the RDS in use.

Paulo_Santos
2 June 2012, 08:55
I agree with TB. I've tried all of the EOTech reticles and I keep reverting back to the original one (1MOA center dot with 65MOA outer ghost ring). The multi-dot versions get annoying after a while (distracting). If you use a magnifier, it isn't as bad, but then you realize that the distances of the BDC is pretty useless for civilian/LE use. Who is going to be shooting targets at 500+ yards with a red dot?

As far as the "T" marking at the bottom of the reticle, the original reticle does the same thing. I found a great BUIS that actually goes hand in hand with the EOTech reticle. The ARMS 71 or any BUIS with the notch on top is also designed as a point of aim at 7 yards, so it lines up perfectly with the bottom of the ghost ring.

I've always been a huge fan of EOTechs until my last one crapped out on me at the range. Other than that, I personally believe there is nothing faster for CQB.

TripleBravo
2 June 2012, 13:09
I agree with TB. I've tried all of the EOTech reticles and I keep reverting back to the original one (1MOA center dot with 65MOA outer ghost ring). The multi-dot versions get annoying after a while (distracting). If you use a magnifier, it isn't as bad, but then you realize that the distances of the BDC is pretty useless for civilian/LE use. Who is going to be shooting targets at 500+ yards with a red dot?

As far as the "T" marking at the bottom of the reticle, the original reticle does the same thing. I found a great BUIS that actually goes hand in hand with the EOTech reticle. The ARMS 71 or any BUIS with the notch on top is also designed as a point of aim at 7 yards, so it lines up perfectly with the bottom of the ghost ring.

I've always been a huge fan of EOTechs until my last one crapped out on me at the range. Other than that, I personally believe there is nothing faster for CQB.

I agree with you on the second dot. The large field of view through an EOTech is one of the reasons it's desirable for CQB. In my opinion, a cluttered reticle detracts from that.