PDA

View Full Version : Centurion Arms Fixed Sights?

Striker071
29 May 2012, 16:28
OK

Just a couple of questions... looking at the HK style fixed sights.

What are there height and do they co-witness like a normal AR sight

Want to use them on a future SBR build and have a T1 with a Larue mount to go with it. Just want to make sure they are compatible.

John Hwang
29 May 2012, 16:51
They are the same height as all the AR15 sights. The main issue right now is availability. I haven't seen them readily available from Centurion.

FortTom
29 May 2012, 19:01
Wow, I just sold a set . Long story, before I had eye surgery, I had them on an AR with an Eotech. Couldn't use the Eottech due to eye. I went with a Burris MTAC. Eye surgery went better than I ever could have expected. Now they are, the MP style sights and Eotech are sitting on a friends gun. Work perfectly. Kind of expensive, I think they go for around $210 everywhere I looked, but well worth it if you want that kind of setup. I can say they are very well built and overall quality is great. Don't know if this helps or not, since I only used them with the Eotech.
FT.

Stickman
29 May 2012, 23:20
Hard to find, but I like mine.

markm
30 May 2012, 06:16
Hard to find, but I like mine.

This is where Stick and I will never agree! :)

HK sights on an AR is as wrong as two boys kissing.

HeavyDuty
30 May 2012, 07:39
I've been wanting to try a set on my 9mm AR. And boys can kiss for all I care, just don't kiss me!

Stickman
3 June 2012, 20:22
This is where Stick and I will never agree! :)

HK sights on an AR is as wrong as two boys kissing.

Yup, that is just wrong..... but the sights aren't bad at all, especially if you have time on a MP5.

devinsdad
17 September 2012, 20:46
I made the mistake of buying a set of HK Diopter sight from RTG parts here in Arizona. The are a good looking set...until you mount them. They sit about 1/2" too low and make it impossible to use on an AR platform. I wanted a set for my 9mm SBR and was so pissed when I mounted them. They are made for a rifle (hmmm HK maybe) that already has an elevated platform. Just wanted to put this warning out there in case anyone starts looking at these as a way to cheaper dipoter sights.

Oh and yes, I did ask if they would work and got a "Sure do, lots of AR guys are using these". I suppose you could use them, but you would need a small riser to make them work.

Stickman
21 September 2012, 10:20
Yes, there are two different sizes, and the Centurion Arms ones are correct for the standard AR15/ M4 the vast majority of us are using. The low profile ones are nice if you are using something like the 416 or other rail and upper with a sleeve/ riser.

zero7one
21 September 2012, 10:29
Here is the info from Centurion Arms' Webpage:

Centurion Arms introduces a set of new “diopter” style iron sights for use with AR-15 or M4 flat top receivers. The new sights are designed to the correct ergonomic height for the standard AR-15/M4 flat top receivers for the proper feel and rapid sight acquisition.

The rear drum has four different apertures, allowing the shooter to rapidly adjust for different light conditions. It uses a standard HK type adjustment tool for windage and elevation. The front sight mounts to any commonly available same plane rail style hand guard (LMT MRP, La Rue, Knight’s free float rails, Daniel Defense, Samson, Troy Ind. and Yankee Hill Machine to name a few.) It uses a standard fixed blade which can be replaced with the tritium front sight blade commonly sold for the HK91/94/93/ and MP5’s.

Both front and rear sights are also compatible with any standard AR-15/M4 sights, including any standard height back up iron sights or the detachable carry handle rear sights. This offers the shooter maximum sight options. The new Centurion Arms sights also take up a minimal amount of rail space leaving plenty of room to be used as back up iron sights in conjunction with Aimpoint, EO Tech and most other readily available red dot sights.

http://www.centurionarms.net/images/stories/sights_on_rifle2.jpg

http://www.centurionarms.net/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=115&Itemid=137

HeavyDuty
21 September 2012, 21:18
I did finally pick up a set of Centurions a month or two back for my 9mm carbine. I like them so far, I'm still getting used to them but no issues at all. Sturdy like rocks, too.