PDA

View Full Version : ?? Re: Magpul Gen 2 Rear MBUS ??

tpelle
8 June 2012, 17:02
I just purchased one of the above back up sights. I understand from reading the Magpul web site that this sight has at least two different aperture sizes, and possibly three if you count no aperture at all. The instructions that came with the sight did not, I believe, mention this feature nor how to use it (unless I just missed it).

Anyway, it appears that the rear leaf is split in two pieces such that the forward half would fold down, leaving the rear leaf with what appears to be a larger hole standing. Is this the case? I've tried folding it this way. but I can't get the leaf halves to separate - at least with any reasonable amount of force. I'm afraid of breaking it - is there a secret button or something? Is it all how you hold your tongue? What's the secret?

Paulo_Santos
8 June 2012, 17:49
Yes, you just have to fold the aperture. There is a little tab that makes it easier to fold down.

tpelle
9 June 2012, 06:08
Thanks. You were right, of course. I had to use a flat-blade screwdriver in the end - it's very stiff. I'll keep working it and hopefully it will loosen up.

nub
9 June 2012, 11:44
Mine separates with ease.