PDA

View Full Version : Noveske STS 60 Degree selector (ambi and standard)

Stickman
9 June 2012, 13:58
Thread updated to show the release of the Noveske Rifleworks STS (Short Throw Selector). A short and long selector are available, and both standard and ambi configurations are available as well. The polymer selector levers are made by Magpul, and the Noveske stainless steel shaft is nitride treated after being machined for a smooth throw.

More info and pictures at the below article for Military Times.

http://militarytimes.com/blogs/gearscout/2012/06/10/noveske-sts-60-degree-selector/

http://stickman.rainierarms.com/galleries/Magpul%207/STKL9262-1000-MT.jpg

http://stickman.rainierarms.com/galleries/Magpul%207/868W9488-A-1200-Stick.jpg

HeavyDuty
9 June 2012, 14:09
You can be such a tease. What kind of timeframe for more info?

Stickman
9 June 2012, 14:15
I'm heading out the door right now, otherwise it would take me a bit to shoot the pictures and write something up. I'm hoping to do it tonight.

jbjarko
9 June 2012, 21:19
Rainier Ambi CH?

Eric
10 June 2012, 06:43
Rainier Ambi CH?
Nope. [:D]

jbjarko
10 June 2012, 08:36
I figured as much after I said that....already too many pics of the Rainier CH. Gotta be something nobody knows about ;)

m24shooter
10 June 2012, 08:40
Intriguing...

nobodyspecial
10 June 2012, 10:04
Waiting patiently... ;)

Stickman
10 June 2012, 11:56
http://militarytimes.com/blogs/gearscout/2012/06/10/noveske-sts-60-degree-selector/

Check out the article, its the Magpul SCAR lever adapted by Noveske for the AR15. It is a 60 degree throw lever in standard or ambi, with long or short levers.

Available only through Noveske dealers and distributors, and with a MSRP of $39.95 in both versions.

jbjarko
10 June 2012, 12:08
I'm so in! A better return throw. Only 60 degrees of throw AND it will file my 90 degree lower. I am so in! Do want.

csmith
10 June 2012, 13:24
The appeal of a shorter throw for a safety is lost on me. Can someone fill me in on the benefits? I'm not saying it doesn't have its place, I just don't understand where that place is.

TripleBravo
10 June 2012, 14:32

Check out the article, its the Magpul SCAR lever adapted by Noveske for the AR15. It is a 60 degree throw lever in standard or ambi, with long or short levers.

Available only through Noveske dealers and distributors, and with a MSRP of $39.95 in both versions.

Cool!...You think this will give Battle Arms Development a run for their money?

todd.k
11 June 2012, 07:59
The appeal of a shorter throw for a safety is lost on me.
During drills the selector goes from safe to fire and back to safe a LOT of times. The shorter throw is easier to safe without shifting the strong hand grip.

Stickman
11 June 2012, 23:26
Cool!...You think this will give Battle Arms Development a run for their money?

I don't think there is much question that it will.

markm
12 June 2012, 06:02
The appeal of a shorter throw for a safety is lost on me. Can someone fill me in on the benefits? I'm not saying it doesn't have its place, I just don't understand where that place is.

Me too. It's a cool looking selector... just like anything Magpul is involved with... the design is outstanding. But I'd never put a non standard selector in any of my guns.

InF1uxx
12 June 2012, 08:41
Would you happen to know when we would be able to pick these up?

Stickman
12 June 2012, 11:41

While there are probably long posts that could be made on reasoning, and the shorter variant being a more positive throw as well as easier to use, I think it all comes down to actually using one for yourself.

Stickman
12 June 2012, 11:41
Would you happen to know when we would be able to pick these up?

They have already shipped on complete weapons, and I believe they are shipping to dealers in another week or two.

pentosinjunkie
12 June 2012, 12:02
Only gripe I see/have are the polymer levers. If BAD would now come out with a short throw version of their lever...

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

Duffy
12 June 2012, 12:24
We (Battle Arms Dev.) have two short throw selectors, the BAD-ASS-ST and the BAD-CASS-ST (dovetailed levers), the BAD-ASS-ST was introduced in November of 2010 ;)

Stickman
12 June 2012, 15:08
Only gripe I see/have are the polymer levers. If BAD would now come out with a short throw version of their lever...

They did, I've used them for awhile and they work well.

I'm curious as to what the issue would be with polymer levers.... ?

cbarker777
12 June 2012, 17:45
We (Battle Arms Dev.) have two short throw selectors, the BAD-ASS-ST and the BAD-CASS-ST (dovetailed levers), the BAD-ASS-ST was introduced in November of 2010 ;)

they don't work with a normal lower do they?

Duffy
12 June 2012, 18:13
The 45 degree selector's position indicator is too far away from the 90 degree FIRE engraving, we had to purposely make it incompatible with lowers without the 68 degree engraving. We pressed a stainless steel pin in the selector center, which is the only thing that makes our 45 degree selector into a non-drop in component. If the pin is removed, it'll work on any standard AR receiver, but doing so will void the warranty.

pentosinjunkie
12 June 2012, 18:21
Only figurative, but I think a steel lever would be less vulnerable to chipping off after being struck against a hard metal or concrete object whilst moving around barriers/corners or exiting/entering vehicles.

cbarker777
12 June 2012, 18:22
The 45 degree selector's position indicator is too far away from the 90 degree FIRE engraving, we had to purposely make it incompatible with lowers without the 68 degree engraving. We pressed a stainless steel pin in the selector center, which is the only thing that makes our 45 degree selector into a non-drop in component. If the pin is removed, it'll work on any standard AR receiver, but doing so will void the warranty.

so although not "advised" it is easily done?

Duffy
12 June 2012, 19:01
From what our customers said, it takes a minute with a Dremel to remove. We don't suggest or recommend its removal, for it defeats the purpose of why it's put on there to begin with, and that is prevents its installation on a 90 degree receiver , where there is no appropriate 45 degree specific FIRE engraving.

I didn't mean to hijack this thread, sorry :)

M. Gale
12 June 2012, 20:49
But I'd never put a non standard selector in any of my guns.

Agreed...

markm
13 June 2012, 06:45
Both of my main shooting buddies have every selector out there on their various ARs. It's not the end of the world, but I don't like them.

The one thing I can NOT stand is shooting a guys gun with the AMBI safety. I have to totally reposition my hand to get the stupid thing into the FIRE position.

Hmac
13 June 2012, 11:05
I like the multiple lever configurations available on the BADASS and doubt I'll be changing. I've found the crank lever on the thumb side and short stubby on the index finger side really allows convenient manipulation of the safety selector - thumb for on, index finger for off. I wonder if Magpul will be considering something similar in polymer.

Rodman24
13 June 2012, 12:57
I like the multiple lever configurations available on the BADASS and doubt I'll be changing. I've found the crank lever on the thumb side and short stubby on the index finger side really allows convenient manipulation of the safety selector - thumb for on, index finger for off. I wonder if Magpul will be considering something similar in polymer.

+1 I use the exact same configuration. But with the 45* selector.

Stickman
13 June 2012, 13:36
This picture should show the size difference between the long and short levers....

http://stickman.rainierarms.com/galleries/Magpul%207/868W9488-A-1200-Stick.jpg

jbjarko
18 June 2012, 21:42
Out of sheer curiosity, will this include a new safety selector detent?

todd.k
19 June 2012, 10:41
No, the STS uses a standard selector detent.

ARgon
28 June 2012, 08:28
You always did nice pics!