PDA

View Full Version : Redi-mag

cbarker777
13 June 2012, 14:20
I know this is not new but i have a few questions and could not find anything in search. I see a lot of people running the Redi-mag but I don't know if I have ever seen Pmags in it. does it work with Pmags? has anyone had fit issues with the Redi-mag on certain lowers and the quick detach is it really that much easer to take off and put on or should I just invest in one for each of my ars.

zero7one
13 June 2012, 14:57
My patrol partner currently has one on his rifle and has had it on a Bushmaster and a S&W MPP15 without any problems. He has run PMAGs in it without any problems as well. As for the fit issues and QD feature, I can't speak from personal knowledge to give you a good answer. Hope that helps a little.

oregonshooter
13 June 2012, 21:35
I had one for a while, wasn't for me but it had no issues with Pmags. I would buy one for each rifle, quick disconnect does not really apply here IMO.

If you have not ran one for a while,
be sure to do so before diving in for all rifles.

It's a personal preference but I'm not the only person I know who thought it was the shizzle until I ran it through a few drills off the S-range. YMMV

cbarker777
22 June 2012, 04:08
just wanted to let people know that if you run a ar 5.7 upper you can not use the Redi-mag or at least not the mk-1. the bce hits the upper and will not let the upper fully attach. just FYI if anyone was considering it.

cbarker777
22 June 2012, 04:09
just wanted to let people know that if you run a ar 5.7 upper you can not use the Redi-mag or at least not the mk-1. the bce hits the upper and will not let the upper fully attach. just FYI if anyone was considering it.

maybe I should clarify I run more then one upper and the 5.7 is just one of them.

nadler20
26 June 2012, 23:03
I've run the Bluforce Gear Redi-Mod on my patrol rifle for the last couple years and I like it. As others have said, it works just fine with P-mags. There are now three mounting methods with the release of the machined aluminum version, two denoted as "quick attach" not "quick detach." The machined aluminum type looks like a dream to affix verses the other methods, but it's meant to be secured to a single firearm, not rotated between different lowers. Also, consider it's secured with screws, which should be properly loc-tited at install.

Dkuhne
4 July 2012, 15:12
Does anyone know if Blue Force Gear has plans to release a Redi-Mod version of the aluminum model?

rob_s
4 July 2012, 17:22
Does anyone know if Blue Force Gear has plans to release a Redi-Mod version of the aluminum model?

No reason to. The aluminum redimag is lighter, less expensive, and the redimod has no advantage I can see. I own several generations of redimags, including the new one, and redimods.

Dkuhne
4 July 2012, 19:57
Thanks for the quick response Rob. I run a Redi-Mod on my Colt and absolutely love it!

2ATA
5 July 2012, 06:14
I run a Redi mag that I turned into a Mod on my AR. I cut the bracket off of another to try and fit it to my SCAR, then I remembered I cant weld. [bash]