PDA

View Full Version : LaRue Tactical Announces Price Increases

zero7one
13 June 2012, 14:41
Received this in an e-mail today from LaRue...

http://www.laruetactical.com/newsletter/price_change.jpg

FortTom
13 June 2012, 17:00
I guess it's just a sign of the times, and political environment. It won't suprise me a bit if others quickly follow suit.
FT.

HeavyDuty
14 June 2012, 07:01
9 years? I don't think so - I clearly remember an increase on at least some Aimpoint mounts last year. That said, I'm sure the increases are needed.

Paulo_Santos
14 June 2012, 09:07
I wonder if the increases are due to the gooberment or if it is because of some of the dumb crap that Larue has done in the past, like when he had that program to replace all of the broken ARMS mounts with free Larue mounts. And several other things that he did.

FortTom
14 June 2012, 10:09
I wonder if the increases are due to the gooberment or if it is because of some of the dumb crap that Larue has done in the past, like when he had that program to replace all of the broken ARMS mounts with free Larue mounts. And several other things that he did.
I was trying to be polite, but I've always thought LaRue was to "proud" of their stuff, as far as price is concerned. Yes their products are great, but not always 25 to 75% better (price wise) as others who make , quality wise, equal gear and components. I like LMT and Centurion stuff, (along with others, including LaRue) and they too, are starting to get a little pricey. There is also a marketing aspect to these things too. A lot of people will buy the most expensive, of comparable products, thinking that if it's twice the price, it must be twice as good. Don't take my word for that, ask a sales and marketing professional. The other aspect is, that some people think if they spent the most money, that they've achieved a higher "status" among a group with lower priced items. Also a proven psychological phenom, related to sales and marketing.

That being said, sure you get what you pay for, and cheaping out may cost you grief in the long run, but the above marketing strategies are still proven. I'm not picking on LaRue, other companies are way over charging for gear that is no better than brand X.

It stops at the price point that the market will bear.
FT.

Paulo_Santos
14 June 2012, 14:28
I was trying to be polite, but I've always thought LaRue was to "proud" of their stuff, as far as price is concerned. Yes their products are great, but not always 25 to 75% better (price wise) as others who make , quality wise, equal gear and components. I like LMT and Centurion stuff, (along with others, including LaRue) and they too, are starting to get a little pricey. There is also a marketing aspect to these things too. A lot of people will buy the most expensive, of comparable products, thinking that if it's twice the price, it must be twice as good. Don't take my word for that, ask a sales and marketing professional. The other aspect is, that some people think if they spent the most money, that they've achieved a higher "status" among a group with lower priced items. Also a proven psychological phenom, related to sales and marketing.

That being said, sure you get what you pay for, and cheaping out may cost you grief in the long run, but the above marketing strategies are still proven. I'm not picking on LaRue, other companies are way over charging for gear that is no better than brand X.

FT.

I agree.

CCK
15 June 2012, 07:24
I won't buy anything Larue just because the guy strikes me as a douche. But I've certainly seen an increase in prices for all of my inputs at my profession as well. I'm inclined to give them the benefit of the doubt when it comes to this being necessary from an inflation standpoint.

Chris

markm
15 June 2012, 09:14
Maybe LaRue's cuckoo meds are costing him more money.

Paulo_Santos
15 June 2012, 10:05
Maybe LaRue's cuckoo meds are costing him more money.

LOL.

FortTom
15 June 2012, 11:24
I won't buy anything Larue just because the guy strikes me as a douche. But I've certainly seen an increase in prices for all of my inputs at my profession as well. I'm inclined to give them the benefit of the doubt when it comes to this being necessary from an inflation standpoint.

Chris

douche? [:D]....funny. Yeah Chris, but in reality we're not really in an inflation period, except for fuel costs..and they've nearly doubled or more in the last 3.5 years. But I suspect they're may be a little more underlying effect. I was on handgun forum the other day, and a guy said he was in a gunstore, when the owner proudly proclaimed that he'd vote for the current President, again, because fear of him being re-elected was driving sales through the roof, and that he (owner) didn't need to discount or price match other stores because sales were so strong. Again I read this, so take it with a grain of salt, but I wonder if some companies might be actually raising prices based on (actually real founded) fears. Don't know, and I hope not.

FT.

M. Gale
25 June 2012, 19:07

His settlement with ARMS has largely flown under the radar. I haven't heard any numbers but you have to believe it was in the millions. It's my understanding that he made a lump sum payment to ARMS that included a royalty free license for continued manufacturing of the infringing mounts.