PDA

View Full Version : Hey, PWS Fans! Have You Tried Manta Rails?

usbp379
22 June 2012, 05:01
I like the PWS system but have concerns about the heat of the top rail after running a couple mags. I've found the top rail can get uncomfortably hot after two mags or so on rapid fire. If you've got access to a full-auto lower you probably know what I'm talking about.

With the above in mind, I have been trying to find a good set of rail covers that don't add a huge amount of bulk and still do a good job of keeping the heat away from my support hand. I've tried rail covers from a couple different places and am really starting to like the rail covers sold by Manta Rails. They sell a variety of panel covers but the only ones I've used are the VLP panels. These are similar in appearance to the ladder covers other places sell but don't have the ladder slots and are solid along their length. The texture is rather gummy or sticky but I haven't found this to be an issue and the rail covers do an excellent job of keeping things cool.

Also, from what I've read, the Manta Rails are being issued out as part of the accessory kit with the USMC's new M27 IAR.

Here's a link to the manufacturer's website:

http://www.mantarails.com/