PDA

View Full Version : Lancer magazines?

Creeky73
25 June 2012, 19:44
Anyone have some hands-on experience with their new translucent magazines?

thanks.

freebug
25 June 2012, 23:23
No, but their non-transparent ones felt a little loose in the magwell like the old GI aluminum ones. They lack the over insert found on Magpul mags and I've experienced a few FTF because of the over insertion. The mags are spanking new and I hope they break in and solve that issue.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2

skd_tactical
26 June 2012, 06:01
I have been using the Newest of the translucent Lancer mags for the past several months with no issues what-so-ever. I haven't been doing as much shooting recently (funny how being deployed I get to shoot less than when at home....). I have had them at the range quite bit I would say each mag has about 200-300 rounds through each with not a single stoppage. Basically, so far so great.

SOS

markm
26 June 2012, 12:28
After witnessing problems with both the old Lancers and the Tango Down mags... I won't touch either of them. I hold bad mag grudges forever.

Creeky73
26 June 2012, 17:57
I was considering one or two for primary range mags, but not bet-your-life mags. I am more than likely getting a batch of standard GI mags w/magpul upgrades for the SHTF rig. I have always liked the clear mags you see on other rifles, Sigs if I am not mistaken, and I would love to have some just for range toys if they can be counted on for that purpose.

TehLlama
3 July 2012, 11:09
They are good range magazines, but that polymer just isn't durable enough for the sort of abuse that I know can happen to magazines.

[[ETA]] I only have the earliest models.

rob_s
3 July 2012, 12:12
Both the lancers and the tango downs current production are far and away better than their earlier attempts, and certainly better than all but actual contract GI mags. Believe it or not the lancers are my favorite mags for feeding steel cased ammo. I don't know what they out on the steel lips of the new mags but they feed slicker than snot now.

Eric
4 July 2012, 16:54
My agency received a few Lancer L5AWM mags to eval, to include solid and translucent mags. They were put in the rotation with the other range mags and have worked as well or better than other variants. I purchased several myself and one is currently in my duty carbine, so yes, I'm confident they are fine.