PDA

View Full Version : Different Address and Pay-to on Form 1 and Form 4

LanceCriminal
16 July 2012, 08:50
I'm trying to get everything wrapped up to submit my Form 1 and Form 4, all I need are the money orders. The only thing I'm hung up on are the different addresses and pay-to-order-of listed between the two forms. Are these really sent to separate locations, with separate pay-to information? Google-fu seemed to lean towards the Martinsburg one bing the primary place to send to, but I don't feel like adding to an already long wait time because the forms don't match up...

http://www.atf.gov/forms/download/atf-f-5320-1.pdf

"To: National Firearms Act Branch, Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, 244 Needy Road, Suite 1250, Martinsburg, WV 25405"

And from 1.a

"Tax Paid. Submit with your application a check or money order for $200 made payable to the Department of the Justice. Upon approval of the application, this office will acquire, affix, and cancel the required “National Firearms Act: stamp for you."

http://www.atf.gov/forms/download/atf-f-5320-4.pdf

"Submit in Duplicate to: National Firearms Act Branch Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, P.O. Box 530298 Atlanta, GA 30353-0298"

"Submit with your application a check or money order for the appropriate amount made payable to the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives. Upon approval of this application, this office will acquire, affix and cancel the required "National Firearms Act" stamp for you. (See instructions 2h, 2i and 3.)"

LanceCriminal
18 July 2012, 15:33
I was told on the phone today when I called the NFA branch that both my Form 1 (manufacturing SBR) and Form 4 (transfer of Suppressor) should go to the "National Firearms Act Branch Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, P.O. Box 530298 Atlanta, GA 30353-0298" address, and that my check/money order could either be to the BATFE, or to the Department of Justice despite what was listed on the form.