PDA

View Full Version : Trigger Break in?

adrenaline151
9 May 2008, 18:35
I just got my Noveske Recce and took it out for the first time today... and I love it. I'm just wondering if the trigger is gonna smooth out any or if what it is, is what it is. This is my first real exposure to a "fighting" gun, so, being used to hunting rifles and target rifles, the trigger was a little bit... well... "rugged". I know it's a different ball game, I guess what I'm asking is, does it smooth out over time or should I look for an aftermarket trigger? Another question, what is the idea behind, and value of anti-rotational pins?

Eric
9 May 2008, 18:45
Copious amounts of dry-firing and a tiny dab of quality grease on the trigger and hammer contact surfaces can help, but don't expect any drastic changes. To get a really nice trigger you're going to be looking at an aftermarket trigger or re-working of the factory trigger by someone who know the system. As a side note, I'm sure liking the Geissele triggers.

adrenaline151
9 May 2008, 19:25
Is the Geissele drop in, or does it have to be installed by a gunsmith?

Stickman
9 May 2008, 20:43
Is the Geissele drop in, or does it have to be installed by a gunsmith?

The nonadjustable is a drop in, and requires no modification or playing around. Eric and myself spent some quality trigger time with one this week.

As far as trigger breaking in, yes they will. The more its used, the smoother it will get.

TigerStripe
9 May 2008, 23:18
As far as trigger breaking in, yes they will. The more its used, the smoother it will get.

True. A thousand rounds on a stock trigger makes a lot of difference.

TS

adrenaline151
10 May 2008, 19:10
cool. I've got 1400 rounds under the bed, will have to get rid of some of those, see if that helps. If not, maybe I'll try the Geissele...

TigerStripe
11 May 2008, 21:51
The ammo will be just a little more costly than the Geissele...

TS

Stickman
11 May 2008, 21:53
cool. I've got 1400 rounds under the bed, will have to get rid of some of those, see if that helps. If not, maybe I'll try the Geissele...

Dry fire can build great skills, don't underestimate that part as well. Its a great way to break in the trigger while you work on your skills.

TigerStripe
11 May 2008, 22:29
Dry fire can build great skills, don't underestimate that part as well. Its a great way to break in the trigger while you work on your skills.

Very true...

TS