PDA

View Full Version : Daniel Defense Announces a "Build Your Own" Rifle Function to their webpage

zero7one
23 September 2012, 01:00
https://danieldefense.com/skin/frontend/base/dd/buildsite/images/rifle-start-home.jpg

https://danieldefense.com/media/wysiwyg/Build_Your_DDM4_Banner.gif

Welcome to Weapon Evolution newest, most innovative way to secure a Daniel Defense M4 Rifle. Step up to our virtual assembly line and build an AR with the components you're most passionate about. As you make your selections, you'll watch as your new firearm conforms to your specifications. Now's the time to satisfy your taste for a custom build from Daniel Defense.

The sections that you can customize include the following and you can create just an upper receiver or a complete rifle:

1: Lower
- Complete lower with or without a Geissele SSA Trigger

2: Gas System Length
- Carbine or Mid-Length (Carbine - 5.56 or 300BLK / Mid-Length 5.56 or 6.8 SPC II)

3: Barrel
- 14.5", 16", or 18" (18" in Mid-Length only) - Varying Profiles and Twist Ratios

4: Muzzle Devices
- Flash Suppressor, 5.56 NATO, or
- Flash Suppressor Extended, 5.56 NATO, or
- Superior Suppression Device, 5.56 NATO, or
- Superior Suppression Device, Extended, 5.56 NATO, or
- Muzzle Climb Mitigator, 5.56 NATO, or
- Muzzle Climb Mitigator, Extended, 5.56 NATO

300BLK / 6.8 SPC II
- Muzzle Climb Mitigator, or
- Muzzle Climb Mitigator, Extended

5: Bolt Carrier Group
- Standard or Chrome Plated

6: Rail System (Not all rails are compatible with all options)
- AR15 Lite Rail, or
- Rail Interface System II, or
- Modular Float Rail, or
- Omega X Rail, or
- EZ CAR, or
- Omega Rail

7: Sights
- A1.5 Fixed Rear Sight, or
- Rail Mounted Fixed Front Sight, or
- Fixed Front/Rear Sight Combo, or
- None

8: Grips
- Vertical Foregrip, Black, or
- ConVert Foregrip Assembly, FDE, or
- ConVert Foregrip Assembly, Black, or
- None

Creating the custom rifle was a cinch and I had the option of saving the "mock-up" of the custom rifle as a Wallpaper which allowed me to view the rifle as a larger graphic than what I was able to see during the creation process. Also along with the option of viewing the image of the final product, I could place an order for the final product, see a parts summary with price breakdown, create a .pdf of the final product that includes both the picture of the rifle and the breakdown of parts and prices. If I opted to share with my friends, I could email and post to Facebook and Flickr the final results.

Even if you don't plan on purchasing a rifle right now, this is still a great tool to check out and see what your options are.

CLICK HERE TO START (https://danieldefense.com/build-your-ddm4)

TangoSauce
23 September 2012, 17:16
So I wonder if this is the only way to get a FDE M4A1 right now.

I do like this custom build process.

pentosinjunkie
26 September 2012, 17:36
Nice, but a receiver end plate option would clinch it. Unless DD ships them with a QD endplate.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD