PDA

View Full Version : AR Reliability Demonstration

MilitaryArms
27 September 2012, 18:46
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHwoZ6SS_pY

cc99
10 November 2012, 15:53
Very impressive. Good to finally hear someone comment on the relatively poor performance of Mil-Spec mags vs Pmags, as has been my continued experience.

Specialized Armament
11 November 2012, 08:59
The dirt factor value of the demonstration has value. The unqualified comments about the PMAG performing being better than USGI magazines are pointless. To the best of our knowledge, there has never been a laboratory test which suggests that one magazine performs better than the other. Here's a question to ponder...

If the cost of a PMAG was at or near the cost of an OKAY/Colt magazine, would they be as popular as they are? We can't argue the fact that many shooters have found their experience with the PMAG to be better than some other magazine. Without knowing exactly which magazine a comparison is being made to, their experience has ZERO value. Lumping all metal magazines into one category as cc99 has done is disingenuous and marginalizes his "continued experience".

MilitaryArms
14 November 2012, 16:13
The dirt factor value of the demonstration has value. The unqualified comments about the PMAG performing being better than USGI magazines are pointless. To the best of our knowledge, there has never been a laboratory test which suggests that one magazine performs better than the other. Here's a question to ponder...

If the cost of a PMAG was at or near the cost of an OKAY/Colt magazine, would they be as popular as they are? We can't argue the fact that many shooters have found their experience with the PMAG to be better than some other magazine. Without knowing exactly which magazine a comparison is being made to, their experience has ZERO value. Lumping all metal magazines into one category as cc99 has done is disingenuous and marginalizes his "continued experience".
You're certainly welcome to your opinion.

When I say "USGI" that's exactly what I mean, contract mags. I've found through real world experience, both military and civilian, they are generally less reliable than other options. As a matter of fact, I've yet to meet too many people with decades of AR/M16 experience who will tell you that USGI contract magazines are the way to go when buying mags for your rifle. Not everyone thinks the PMAG is the way to go, some prefer the L5, Troy, HK, etc. mags. I've put thousands upon thousands of rounds down range with PMAGs and have done things to them worse than putting a little dirt in them and found them to out perform other mags I've done similar things to. I'm not trying to convince you of anything, what you choose to believe is irrelevant to me as I have nothing to gain by selling you or anyone else on a particular product. I'm merely conveying my own experiences.

I've done my own evaluations of mags in the laboratory called "the real world" to find out for myself what works and what doesn't in the absence of "expert" opinions. You can take your magazines to a laboratory to find out which you prefer and I'll take mine to the field.

Use what works for you and I'll use what works for me. Given my position I'll tell people what I've found to be true, if that doesn't square with your own experiences then you've gotten out of my opinions exactly what you paid for them.