PDA

View Full Version : ACT Trigger doesnt fit into lower

jhjfdf
9 October 2012, 06:17
Hi i received my ACT trigger last week, i wanted to install it in my new HERA lower but i couldnt get the safety in after installing it.

The red circled part on the trigger was about 0.5mm too high so i couldnt put the safety in.
http://www11.picfront.org/picture/NXzSAS0L910/thb/alg_act.jpg (http://www.picfront.org/d/8PES)

I tried it on 3 different lowers(HERA, and 2 different OA) and with 3 different safety(LMT,HERA MPSS, and a ambidextrous from brownells) but it never worked.

I had to grind it off and now it works without problems.

Did somebody else experienced this problem?

I already wrote a email to ALG but i havent got a answer.

AR-10
9 October 2012, 07:03
Cock the hammer, then try inserting selector.

Also, there's a good chance that your trigger is no longer safe - if you ground the trigger down in order to get the selector installed, those two parts no longer engage each other the way they are meant to.

Clear the weapon, put the selector on SAFE and pull the trigger as hard as you can.

If the hammer drops, you need a new trigger.

jhjfdf
9 October 2012, 08:11
Of course i cocked the hammer.
I build 7 lower till now and never had a problem with one trigger except the ACT.

The red circeled part was just in the path of the selector and so i didnt get it in.

And i did a safety check...everything works as supossed.

UWone77
9 October 2012, 10:29
I would have contacted Geisele before grinding off the material. They no doubt would have taken care of you. I'm sure your trigger will work just fine, but I'm not a big fan of removing material from trigger parts.

rob_s
9 October 2012, 13:14
I would have contacted Geisele before grinding off the material. They no doubt would have taken care of you. I'm sure your trigger will work just fine, but I'm not a big fan of removing material from trigger parts.

Agreed.

Additionally, you can install the safety first and then the trigger, which is what I do now on all lowers I assemble after having issues with a few that rode just a hair too high.

jhjfdf
9 October 2012, 13:51
I would have contacted Geissele if i would live in the US.
But it was hard enough to get the trigger to austria, because Geissele/ALG dont sell outside the USA.
And most online retailer dont even answer to emails from international customers.

The shipping cost would be around 20 Euro, and i dont know if i would receive the trigger back, because of ITAR.

When im home i can take some pics of the grinded area.

I also got a Super Dynamic 3-Gun trigger from Geissele and that works great...didnt had any problems installing it.

UWone77
9 October 2012, 14:09
Which makes me wonder how you were able to skirt ITAR regulations to get your ALG. :eek:

Stickman
9 October 2012, 22:01
Which makes me wonder how you were able to skirt ITAR regulations to get your ALG. :eek:

Blah blah blah ITAR....

UWone77
9 October 2012, 22:11
Blah blah blah ITAR....

Blah Blah Blah Stick [BD]

markm
10 October 2012, 10:30
Blah blah blah ITAR....

Agreed. Good Lord do any men still come with testicles these days?

I ran into the same problem with this stupid trigger. I ended up pulling the selector out. This trigger was a bad purchase in many ways.

jhjfdf
10 October 2012, 12:33
If ITAR is only Blah Blah, then pls tell me which store still send their things to interntaional customers.

And i dont buy things from persons i dont know personal anymore, since i got scammed twice.

For example lower are free to buy here...no permit needed.
Would you trust someone you never met and send him money for a lower?
Its not only the risk of getting scammed, there is the austrian customs(who doesnt care in this case) and then the US Customs.

I lost about 1000 dollar in the last 12 months from stuff i ordered in the US and never received it.

UWone77
10 October 2012, 13:08
Back on topic, OP did you ever hear from Geissele?