PDA

View Full Version : Seekins muzzle brake or BC?

logjam
14 October 2012, 20:41
Is there anyone running it? Im intrigued, the design looks unique and new (untested?)

Just debating on spending my money on a battle comp, which seems to get rave reviews for low concussive blast and decent recoil reduction.

ExTester
14 October 2012, 22:10
Just put the Seekins on my rifle have yet to shoot it, but I know that if you go on Vuurweapon Blog he does not say anything positive about the BC. I have always seen it as overhyped personally. I know that Glen makes great stuff and there are some articles out there. One bolt-gun dealer puts them exclusively on their rifles.
Once I installed it, I like how you don't need a crush washer, and just the thread timing is done very easily. Took like 2 min and no fuss with fitting.

logjam
15 October 2012, 07:17
Keep us informed. I have a Rainer XTC currently, which works well, it is louder and has a concussive blast (not as bad as the FC556), but just enough make my sinuses cringe during allergy season.

Looking at the design, my hope is that it may reduce the blast. Unfortunately I don't know enough about the engineering. Maybe the concussive blast is what makes a brake more effective ?

markm
15 October 2012, 12:04
Apparently BCM has a high fahlootin brake/hider thingy coming out in a few weeks, Boys.

Stickman
15 October 2012, 13:04
I think people should figure out if they want a "tactical" comp, or one that is a straight comp. You can't ask about both and expect answers without explaining why you are looking at two very different beasts.

Stickman
15 October 2012, 13:05
Apparently BCM has a high fahlootin brake/hider thingy coming out in a few weeks, Boys.

My prediction is that it is going to do very well.

drew
16 October 2012, 20:06

Ive read this comp will have the a2 style birdcage that sits over a baffle with battlecompe/triple tap style ports? Does this sound correct? And any word with suppressor compatibility? Or am i getting too far ahead of myself with the specs bein unavailable for now?

Stickman
16 October 2012, 21:54
It doesn't look like an A2, at least mine doesn't, and mine is a preproduction/ early production unit.

ETA- I should say to me it doesn't look like one, but I guess I can see where people who were unfamiliar or only got quick looks may think so.

TangoSauce
16 October 2012, 22:47
Just put the Seekins on my rifle have yet to shoot it, but I know that if you go on Vuurweapon Blog he does not say anything positive about the BC. I have always seen it as overhyped personally. I know that Glen makes great stuff and there are some articles out there. One bolt-gun dealer puts them exclusively on their rifles.
Once I installed it, I like how you don't need a crush washer, and just the thread timing is done very easily. Took like 2 min and no fuss with fitting.

I think people should figure out if they want a "tactical" comp, or one that is a straight comp. You can't ask about both and expect answers without explaining why you are looking at two very different beasts.

I wouldn't, personally, put too much emphasis on most things seen/read from Vuurweapon. Don't get me wrong, I am a fan, but he's pretty much just known for telling you what he doesn't like. Anybody that has fired a F/A with the BC knows hands down the quality of the comp. As for a downward push from the BC, that might be something noticeable in super slow motion, but I hardly experience such a movement that isn't overcome by a proper stance.

Stickman is getting more to the point here. A 'tactical' comp won't be as butter as a straight up brake, but it does provide many other advantages such as reduced concussion and reduced flash. What meets your needs best? Generally, unless you can mount a suppressor on the brake then the 'tactical' comp will be a better route imo.

A brake will have some additional perks if you're putting it on a precision rig.

neo9710
20 October 2012, 09:28

I'm planning on purchasing the BCM 14.5 mid length upper receiver but I am still trying to decide which comp to get. They now have an option for their BCM Gunfighter Compensator Mod 1 as an option - but no pics. The page says "Coming in November" Cant wait to see it.