PDA

View Full Version : help with gas blocks

jbssbw
20 October 2012, 13:48
Hi all I need some advice on gas blocks. I searched but didn't find enough info. I am looking for a gas block that I can get pinned it will go on a .750 barrel. Any help would be great thanks

John Hwang
20 October 2012, 14:25
Just about every gas block known to man can be pinned to the barrel. Some of the most popular: VLTOR, Stag, PRI, LaRue, Rainier, BCM, Centurion Arms, etc etc. You will most likely want to purchase a gas block drilling jig.

Hmac
20 October 2012, 14:49
Hi all I need some advice on gas blocks. I searched but didn't find enough info. I am looking for a gas block that I can get pinned it will go on a .750 barrel. Any help would be great thanks

I bought a VLTOR low profile gas block from Rainier Arms, sent them my BCM barrel and they pinned it for me. If you do send it off to be pinned, send the barrel nut along with the barrel and they'll slip it on for you before pinning the gas block. It will save you the trouble of un-pinning then re-pinning.

jbssbw
20 October 2012, 14:51
Just about every gas block known to man can be pinned to the barrel. Some of the most popular: VLTOR, Stag, PRI, LaRue, Rainier, BCM, Centurion Arms, etc etc. You will most likely want to purchase a gas block drilling jig.

Thanks John I just wanted to be sure not to get the wrong one. I plan to have a smith do the work should I do both or pin it and not use the set screws? When will you guys have some 1/7 barrels in 14.5 in stock thanks again

UWone77
20 October 2012, 15:23
I like using the Rainier Lo-Pro's as they are a few hundreths of an inch bigger to accomodate all sizes of barrels including match barrels.