PDA

View Full Version : Mega's new project?

Aragorn
24 October 2012, 17:12
I've been working on a new build and the thought entered my mind that a Mega monolithic might have been a good option if they were still available. Knowing not, I decided to poke around Mega's website anyways. Reading about why they stopped monolithic production I ran across a few things that piqued my curiosity. Here is their monolithic upper notice, with the parts that got my attention highlighted.

To our Valued Customer:

Announcement regarding Mega Arms Monolithic MTS upper receivers:

We have both good news and also tough news to deliver. So to quickly get the bad news out of the way: we are no longer manufacturing, or offering for sale, our MTS Monolithic upper receivers. This includes sets involving the MTS upper in AR-15 and MATEN. If you are a custom MTS client, please contact us (contact area is at the bottom of all pages).

You must be wondering why we are taking this step. No, we did not have any safety or quality issues. You already know that our MTS upper is made to our high expectations and has been the pinnacle of the industry since its inception. We recently became aware that a competitor is about to obtain a patent, and we believe that this competitor will assert its patent against us. We have strong defenses, but we are not a large company that can sustain ongoing litigation expenses. Plus we would rather be working on providing a superior replacement.

The good news is that we are working on a new platform that far exceeds anything currently offered in the industry. It will be exactly what you would expect from Mega Arms. We have no specific time frame on when we will be able to start shipping the new platform, but stay tuned for news on that front.

The MTS upper for AR-15 and MATEN has been a huge success for us at Mega Arms, and we are just as disappointed as you are with this decision and change. We convey our apologies for any inconvenience this may cause to you or your customers. We at Mega Arms look forward to our new platform, and believe that it will be a platform that the industry would expect to see from us at Mega Arms!

Sincerely,

Mega Arms

So... anyone got the scoop?

Stickman
24 October 2012, 17:14
There are a few concept pictures floating around of what is believed to be the upcoming creation from Mega... Since I didn't take them, I don't have them hosted and haven't noted where they are. Someone should have it though.

Eric
24 October 2012, 21:48
It will be interesting to see if there is anything ready for release at 2013 SHOT.

Aragorn
27 October 2012, 09:35
Google searches have thus far yielded naught.

John Hwang
27 October 2012, 10:37
Customary for WEVO, we will be posting new pictures up soon :)

Aragorn
27 October 2012, 12:19
Excellent, can't wait to see them [:)]