PDA

View Full Version : questions on bc

jbssbw
8 November 2012, 12:54
Trying to get a build done and I really don't know which bc to get for a di rifle. Should I get one that is coated for easy clean up or just stick with a standard one. And I read that LWRC is going to have a one peice carrier so there is no issue with a gas key coming loose. Has anyone know when this will be available. Thanks

Stickman
8 November 2012, 20:15
I would go with a good USGI BCG and be done with it.

Eric
9 November 2012, 04:26
With a one piece BCG your screwed if the gas key gets damaged and you can't replace it.

jbssbw
9 November 2012, 04:38
Thanks trying to get this build done ASAP.

markm
9 November 2012, 05:09
Anything with LWRCi's name on it should be considered garbage. Standard finish carriers are not much harder to wipe down than an overbred finish.

Aragorn
9 November 2012, 10:40
I bought a failzero bcg for the first AR I ever built. It was awesome. Super slick and cycled very smoothly. Cleaned up by running a rag over it. I bought a Spike's Nib (same thing basically) for the next build. That said, the last bcg I bought was a BCM. Reason being was that despite all that, there was actually very little to no net gain over a standard USGI bcg being ran with good lube.

MoxyDave
9 November 2012, 11:09
I prefer the FailZero (Nickel Boron) coated BCG. I run suppressed most of the time and it's just easier to clean. Without a suppressor I don't think it would really matter much.

jbssbw
9 November 2012, 20:23
Thanks all I will just get a reg bcg. This will be my first di rifle so I just want it to be reliable and easy to clean thanks again.

KevinBLC
18 November 2012, 16:41
Anyone know where to find a BC in stock? seems like everyone is out.