PDA

View Full Version : Magpul MOE series...

Stickman
16 May 2008, 09:52
Magpul Original Equipment series (MOE) seems to be getting more and more popular without even having been released. Of the people I have spoken with, there seems to be two schools of thought.

One is that the MOE will be a budget line for people who can't or won't pay more for the standard Magpul lineup.

The second school of thought is that its going to be an upgrade that is going to set manufacturers apart from everyone else, and show a higher tier item.

I can understand both concepts, and perhaps part of it will be decided by Magpul if they decide to keep the lineup dedicated to manufacturers instead of dealers or the general public.

What are your thoughts on the MOE series? Are you in camp one, or camp two?

Stickman
16 May 2008, 09:54
Here are a couple quick pictures that show the rapid prototype MOE items which were released for public viewing at SHOT 08.

Handguards

http://album.weaponevolution.com/SHOT/IMG_0732%201028%20WEVO.jpg

Stickman
Grip

http://album.weaponevolution.com/SHOT/IMG_0733%201028%20WEVO.jpg

Stickman
One of the stocks

http://album.weaponevolution.com/SHOT/IMG_0734%201028%20WEVO.jpg

UDT
16 May 2008, 13:17
A little in both camps, Thanks for the update and pics,

103m 95g
16 May 2008, 15:53
Both camps, it would be nice for manufactures to offer it as an upgrade and for the end user the be able to retrofit weapons they already have.

the voices are telling me
must have Magpul Original Equipment

SHIHAN
16 May 2008, 20:34
Some of the stuff like the rail protectors looks like an ipgrade and some of the other stuff looks like a great way for some to get good workable equipment for those who cant afford or dont want to spend the $ for the top of the line stuff and not get stuck with Leapers or CAA junk.
Personally I will outfit some of my toys with the new rail protectors and maybe tryout the MOBUS.

sdcromer
18 May 2008, 12:04
I like the looks of the MOE carbine handguards. Stick - did they lock up tight and did Magpul have any of the rail sections to mount in the slots?

I missed the part about "rapid prototype". We these the wax rapid prototypes or were they real polymer?

DM-SC
19 May 2008, 08:38
I can see it being both ways. There will be a lot of people buying the MOE parts for their rifles if they are made available to the public.

Stickman
19 May 2008, 09:11
I like the looks of the MOE carbine handguards. Stick - did they lock up tight and did Magpul have any of the rail sections to mount in the slots?

I missed the part about "rapid prototype". We these the wax rapid prototypes or were they real polymer?

They were locked up pretty tight when I played around with them, but since they are prototypes, that doesn't mean there weren't loose by the end of SHOT 08. They were polymer prototypes.

Magpul did not have any rail sections on hand, I'm not sure if they were looking at making their own slots out of polymer, or if they would be aluminum sections, or both.

Mantis
19 May 2008, 10:20
I'm in Camp1 but can understand & appreciate Camp2 also.
I'm waiting for release of the grip and I hope it comes with one of the storage adaptors as the MIAD does.

Stickman
19 May 2008, 11:51
I'm waiting for release of the grip and I hope it comes with one of the storage adaptors as the MIAD does.

It does, and the core can be swapped out for the various current MIAD cores.

Lancelot
20 May 2008, 10:19
What is the grip equal too? Obviously the plain front strap, but what about the rear? The large or medium?

Stickman
20 May 2008, 10:56
Medium from what I can tell.

Marlow
23 May 2008, 10:10
Any photos of the ACS stock and the BUIS setup? I think those are what I'm most excited about.

TigerStripe
23 May 2008, 13:13
A smart manufacturer would try a trial balloon with a carbine with MOE on it.

TS

TriggerTX
2 June 2008, 20:34
I would be very interested in seeing some of these products. I have been really impressed with all of there products.

MrMojoRisin
19 June 2008, 11:00
Anticipaaaaaaaaation........

Stickman
19 June 2008, 19:40
Anticipaaaaaaaaation........

Its getting pretty close, but I wouldn't expect everything to all be released at one time. At least thats my guess.

103m 95g
29 June 2008, 19:22
MOE is getting closer to being released
dont see the handguards listed though
http://www.midwayusa.com/esearch.exe/search?search_keywords=moe&category_selector=all_products

MrMojoRisin
30 June 2008, 07:22
Yup, I saw that Midway link and pre-sale info.

Looks like the days of sneak peeks is over.

I understand completely.

Stickman
30 June 2008, 10:03
Looks like the days of sneak peeks is over.

A few people out there had to ruin a good thing, and those were probably people who weren't buying anything anyway.

Stickman
12 July 2008, 10:53
http://www.weaponevolution.com/forum/showthread.php?p=3666#post3666

Review is up for the Magpul MOE pistol grip.

MerQ
12 July 2008, 17:22
I guess I'm more in the "third" camp that believes a little of both. While I think MOE will certainly give people a taste of Magpul quality, I don't think that using the grips and stocks will automatically put a company in a higher tier alone. After all it's what's inside that counts the most.

I expect more companies who are already making quality weapons to offer MOE equipment for two reasons. First it say Magpul and people recognize the name for quality and second it provides a "better" than stock setup for minimal (if any price increase) to the manufacturer. I think Magpul was smart in developing the high end market and then offering a product to the lower end last. It's always easier to do things that way though.

Mantis
29 July 2008, 07:35
It does, and the core can be swapped out for the various current MIAD cores.

Just got my MOE grip. It doesn't come with a core inserted in the base cap. Instructions just tell you that the cores are available from Magpul or their dealers. No big deal for me; I can always find ways to contain things in there.

sdcromer
29 July 2008, 14:33
Is there a cover on the bottom? Seems like a great place to stuff a bore snake if there is a cover.

29 July 2008, 15:33
Is there a cover on the bottom? Seems like a great place to stuff a bore snake if there is a cover.
Yes, it does.

Stickman
29 July 2008, 21:39
Just got my MOE grip. It doesn't come with a core inserted in the base cap. Instructions just tell you that the cores are available from Magpul or their dealers. No big deal for me; I can always find ways to contain things in there.

A little foam sheeting cut to wrap the object, and it should be good to go.

Mantis
30 July 2008, 07:41
A little foam sheeting cut to wrap the object, and it should be good to go.

Exactly. I just wanted to mention that it doesn't come with a core adapter for those here, like me, that thought there would be one in there.
I like that grip; feels good. I'd prefer the finger shelf on the front strap, though.