PDA

View Full Version : PSA Quality?

SFW
25 November 2012, 09:56
Does PSA make a quality upper? I've been looking at purchasing a new Mil Spec upper, and have noticed that PSA has some great deals. Just wanted to know if they are quality parts, or if u should look else where thanks!

StainTrain
25 November 2012, 11:33
I have purchased several build kits and other parts from them. I haven't noticed any quality issues. If you surf enough, you can find something negative about every supplier.

MoxyDave
25 November 2012, 11:58
I bought several PSA lowers when they were on sale for $50 each. Despite the bargain price they turned out to be of excellent quality. I would assume the same for their uppers but I do not own one.

UWone77
25 November 2012, 12:33
If you look around the web, many people either love or hate PSA. Personally, I'm just neutral on them. I've had 5 PSA uppers in the last 18 months. 2 of them ran fine. I used them on loaner carbines, as well as a test Piston upper that I wanted to just try an Adams Arms Kit on (future review down the road) When I stripped down the other 3, they did not properly torque the barrel but, thus the barrel was loose. On one of them a new barrel nut had to be replaced because it was so loose. One had a slight canted FSP, but it really didn't matter as I replaced it with a lopro gas block. Does this invoke confidence in these guns? Personally, no. I would not use them for a HD or Duty gun.

Keep in mind this is a small sample of 5 of the many uppers and rifles they produce. Many people have had good experiences with them. I would tell you if you go with PSA to inspect the gun top to bottom and also be prepared to wait 30-45 days for it to ship after they charge your credit card. I firmly believe you get what you pay for. In the future, I'll stick with BCM, LMT, Noveske uppers, or build my own with known quality parts.

KevinBLC
25 November 2012, 16:16
I was considering PSA for my first build... if people say yes they are GTG or no they aren't... for those that say no... what is the least acceptable brand you would field?

SFW
25 November 2012, 20:11
Well, I took the plunge. I'll update everyone in about a month or so when I get the upper.

StainTrain
25 November 2012, 20:26
Good luck. I don't think you will be unhappy. As stated before, they have never built anything for me, but I have used a lot of their products (barrels, uppers, parts) and I am pleased.

ronster19
27 November 2012, 04:33
I've used PSA parts to build up three mid-lengths for myself and family members. The quality of the parts and the complete uppers have been excellent. My recent experience with the last two builds is that PSA has been swamped with orders and the two uppers I ordered took longer than the advertised fifteen work days. As previously stated, PSA does charge at the time of order. IMHO, PSA offers quality at a good price.