PDA

View Full Version : Spikes coated gas tube

jbssbw
29 November 2012, 03:55
Hi all I am looking for a gas tube for my build I saw that Spikes has a coated gas tube is there any difference in performance than a standard gas tube. Thanks for your help

Paulo_Santos
29 November 2012, 04:40
It is hard to tell without any specific numbers. It should obviously reduce heat, but by how much? That is the million dollar question. I'm pretty sure that for general use, it will have very little effect. Maybe hard/full auto use may have some effect.

jbssbw
29 November 2012, 05:30
I like to run alittle hard some times is it something to look at or is a reg gas tube from Rainier or BCM the way to go this will be my first di rifle and my goto if need be. Thanks for tge reply

UWone77
29 November 2012, 06:57
Personally, I see no need for a coated gas tube. Plenty of our guys run full auto with no gas tube issues. I doubt that even hard semi-auto use would benefit from a coated gas tube.

Paulo_Santos
29 November 2012, 07:35
I like to run alittle hard some times is it something to look at or is a reg gas tube from Rainier or BCM the way to go this will be my first di rifle and my goto if need be. Thanks for tge reply

Here's how I see it when it comes to accessories. If something doesn't negatively affect an AR and it can possibly make it better, I'm all for it. Is this a necessary item? Not really, but considering it costs just about the same as a regular gas tube, what do you have to lose? Nothing. So I'd say it is good to go if you want to get one.

jbssbw
29 November 2012, 10:40
Thanks to everybody I love this site. Keep up all the good work you guys do to the world of the AR!!