PDA

View Full Version : Newb here, lookin for advise!

Errokk
1 December 2012, 15:59
I'm interested in an AR platform complete RTF and have no idea where to start. Been looking at the S&W M&P 15 and also the RRA LAR-15 elite operator 2. What are your thoughts for a rookie AR prospective buyer. Looking for the best bang for my limited budget, $1k is pushing it. Please give me all the info you can and pointers to help me make this decision. Thanks!

You want fries with that!?

browcs
1 December 2012, 16:24
Welcome to Weapon Evolution forum Errokk. Good to have you here. As a first time AR buyer, what are you plans for the platform? General range use home defense, hunting, etc? Do you plan on one day taking carbine/rifle courses with the AR? Some things to mull about if you haven't yet. As for the AR manufacturer, $1,000 is a good amount to play with. My usual suggestion starts off with getting a base AR whether 16" carbine with a mid-length (my first choice) or carbine gas system or 20" rifle. I suggest getting a complete carbine or separate upper and lowers (as separate components, i.e., not a complete carbine or rifle) from BCM or a Colt 6920 or 6720. I have no experience with S&W M&P15's or RRA ARs.

Errokk
1 December 2012, 16:41
You nailed it, home defense, hunting, range gun etc. Just a good all around multi purpose rifle. Git at good site links for me?

Paulo_Santos
1 December 2012, 16:48
Start with Rainier Arms.

UWone77
1 December 2012, 17:51
I'll second the Colt 6920 or 6720. Colt is the Gold standard for ARs. Just go to Walmart and check one out.

Other choices would be a BCM mid length carbine available from bravocompanyusa.com or you can check with Rainier Arms as they have BCM product on order as they'll be carrying more of their product.

Errokk
1 December 2012, 20:08
Anyone know anything about Core 15 M4's?

StainTrain
2 December 2012, 10:44
I don't know anything about their complete rifles, but I have purchased parts from them. Their stuff appears to be well made. I think CORE15 is a good company to deal with.

Rainier is going to be tough to beat. The best part about RA is that everyone I have ever dealt with was super helpful, professional, and above all- knowledgeable.

TangoFoxtrot
3 December 2012, 03:27
Id go with the Smith & Wesson AR! Mine has worked great.