PDA

View Full Version : different brand iron sight use

CLBME
4 December 2012, 06:57
Good morning- I'm swapping out my handguard for a Troy tubular one, after cutting down my front sight. I will then want to mount a front sight on the rail.

My question is are different manufacturer's front and rear sights interchangeable? Specifically, I have a MI folding rear sight now and was considering a Magpul (as it isn't expensive) for a front sight. Will using different sights be a problem or is there a industry standard front sight height that will match regardless of brands? I could buy a MI folding front if needed, although a set of magpul's are about the same price...........

Thanks,

Christian

Paulo_Santos
4 December 2012, 09:31
They should work fine. Everything is pretty much standard with the BUIS. If it doesn't work, you will know right away because you will have a hard time zeroing your AR.

CLBME
4 December 2012, 12:03
Thank you for the reply Paulo.

Eric
4 December 2012, 15:19
Just make sure you don't end up with one designed for a lower sitting gas block. But like Paulo said, just about all are typically standardized.

CLBME
4 December 2012, 15:58
Thank you Eric. I noticed that there were two different varieties when I was checking them out. Thanks for the reminder before I order!