PDA

View Full Version : W. Washington's top federal prosecutor wants assault weapons off the street

Eric
19 December 2012, 22:20
King5.com (http://www.king5.com/news/local/W-Washingtons-top-federal-prosecutor-wants-assault-weapons-off-the-street-184192641.html)

by LINDA BRILL / KING 5 News

Posted on December 19, 2012 at 5:22 PM

The U.S. Attorney for Western Washington said Wednesday that she supports President Obama's efforts on gun safety.

Jenny Durkan told KING 5 that she would welcome a ban on assault weapons, saying it would be a great tool to help her office convict criminals who use such firearms in committing crimes.

Durkan said she has been a part of several federal weapons stings this year -- operations coordinated with the FBI and local law enforcement. She said her office has helped in the seizure of more than two dozen assault weapons in the past year.

"We don't allow individuals to own grenades, to own tanks; and an assault weapon is a weapon of war. it doesn't have a civilian application," she said.

Durkan said she grew up with firearms and supports the Second Amendment. Her goal, she said, is to stop the flow of assault weapons.

Interesting. If I attempted to use my government office to push a political agenda I would be canned.

Stickman
19 December 2012, 22:27
Hahahahahha, her office doesn't do anything but flush cases as it is now, nothing would change except the ability for her to screw over regular people.

zero7one
20 December 2012, 00:38
Hahahahahha, her office doesn't do anything but flush cases as it is now, nothing would change except the ability for her to screw over regular people.

Whaaaaaaaa????? No way. I'll keep my personal and professional opinions to myself...don't want them coming after my non-assault assault weapons.