PDA

View Full Version : RIP John Noveske

UWone77
5 January 2013, 10:54
Normally, I'd put this in the announcement section, but I wanted to allow comments for those that actually knew John Noveske. A Noveske N4 was one of my first AR15 purchases after the 04 ban ended. I used a Bushmaster for several years before stumbling upon his company. Thanks Mr. Noveske, for many years of enjoyable shooting I continue to get from that original N4 as well as many others I've purchased from you.

Fatal Traffic Crash - Highway 260 west of Grants Pass - 01/05/13
Oregon State Police (OSP) is continuing the investigation into Friday night's single vehicle fatal traffic crash along Highway 260 (Lower River Road) west of Grants Pass that resulted in the death of a Grants Pass man.

According to Sergeant Tyler Lee, on January 4, 2013 at approximately 9:13 p.m., a 1984 Toyota Land Cruiser driven by JOHN NOVESKE, age 36, from Grants Pass, was westbound on Highway 260 near El Camino Way. As the vehicle negotiated a right curve, it traveled across the oncoming lane onto the dirt highway shoulder until it struck two large boulders. The vehicle rolled and NOVESKE was ejected.

NOVESKE, who is the owner of a local rifle manufacturing company, was not using safety restraints and was pronounced deceased at the scene.

OSP troopers from the Grants Pass and Central Point offices are continuing the investigation. Trooper Ryan Neuenschwander is the lead investigator.

OSP was assisted at the scene by Rural Metro Fire Department, ODOT and AMR ambulance. No photographs for release.

### www.oregon.gov/OSP ###

Hmac
5 January 2013, 11:51
A terrible tragedy, even for those of us who only knew him through the classy company he created and his contribution to the firearms world. Condolences to his family and to those on this forum who were his friends.

Ya'll wear your seatbelts, please.

Titaniumskull
5 January 2013, 17:05
A terrible loss and sad news.

My first AR was started with a stripped Noveske upper and N4 lower. I think it will be befitting for me to have it inscribed on my Noveske AR "in Memory Of John Noveske"

FortTom
5 January 2013, 19:06
I never met the man, but he accomplished a lot in such a short life. If his components/rifles were an extension of his personality and integrity, I'm sure he was a very impressive person, who'll be missed by his family, and extended family in the industry. Just lost a young cousin, for lack of a seat belt. Can we learn by this loss?

FT

UDT
6 January 2013, 06:57
Condolences to his family and to those on this forum who were his friends.

Gun
6 January 2013, 17:22
Recalling the feeling, when the owners, husband and wife, of a subcontracting company I worked for, were killed when their private plane went down, I sympathize with all the workers, and the family of John. It wasn't an easy thing to do, to return to work after such a tragic loss. RIP John Noveske.

Stryker medic
9 January 2013, 20:50
What a sad news..Condolence to his family and may he rest in peace.

Stickman
10 January 2013, 10:39
Most people think firearms when they think of John Noveske, I think of a friend. Pictures like this are how I remember him, relaxed, having fun, and in this case teaching boys how to ride a quad. Its all of 3mph in case anyone is worried about helmets. I like to think John is looking down on me right now with the same smirk, and telling me to relax.

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8233/8352504712_059d553613_o.jpg